Healthcare Business Project Program Senior ManagerPrimary Location: New York, New York
Additional Locations: NY-New York Apply
Typically manages multiple managers and their work teams and/or most complex projects through to implementation. Sets strategic direction for team and/or complex projects and or programs (e.g., national in scope which may impact one or all segments, and typically runs multiple years in duration with high financial implications). Has full accountability for all aspects of projects and or programs such as financial, regulatory, marketing, etc.
- Sets the direction of the strategic business plan and translates into vision for staff/others
- As a business leader, influences all stake holders to support key projects/programs to ensure positive outcomes that deliver on results.
- Drives change in order to improve performance results, organization effectiveness and/or systems/quality/services (e.g., policies, processes or systems).
- Identifies gaps in processes or organization and challenges self and others to develop and implement solutions.
- Directs accountability for impact to SG&A - Ensures accurate prioritization of key projects/programs within purview.
- Has ultimate accountability for project management services being delivered including organizations budget and/or financial implications.
Background/ Experience Desired:
- 10+ years managed care / health insurance industry experience.
- Multiple years proven leadership experience setting strategic direction and influencing change that resulted in quantifiable positive outcomes.
- Proven track record managing complex projects and or programs that resulted in cost savings.
- Experience managing large budgets.
- Project management experience.
- Supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills.
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
General Business/Applying Reasoned Judgment/MASTERY
General Business/Ensuring Project Discipline/MASTERY
Finance/Creating Profitable Partnerships/MASTERY
General Business/Demonstrating Business and Industry Acumen/MASTERY
Leadership/Anticipating and Innovating/MASTERY
Additional Job Information:
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence. Together we will empower people to live healthier lives. We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Aetna takes our candidates's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
58974Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 10 - 25% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.