Engineering Manager, Release EngineeringPrimary Location: New York, NY
Additional Locations: NY-New York Apply
Aetna's mandate is to transform health and wellness via products that enable consumer engagement and a best-in-class experience. This team is responsible for Aetna's digital strategy and all digital products; as well as the development roadmap and execution of the roadmap. A key part of this team is to build an integrated platform and underlying products to drive engagement and revolutionize health and wellness.
Aetna is taking on a major initiative to redesign and rebuild many of its customer facing digital assets. This effort will include a completely new approach to developing software within Aetna, using the latest design approaches, technologies, and processes. Aetna Digital is a newly formed startup like business unit within Aetna, which will design, build and deliver a completely new and integrated digital experience for our users.
Come Join Aetna Digital!
The Manager, Software Engineering will be responsible for overseeing and ensuring timely software releases and manage the software implementation process from development to execution.
- Responsible for implementation and management of infrastructure solutions based on Engineering architectural designs
- Manage and maintain software defined infrastructure environment, configuration and build scripts for Product teams in production environment
- Monitor all events that occur and detect and escalate exception conditions during CI and CD process where Infrastructure impacts applications/platform
- Maintain operational stability; enforce security measures, testing, development and deployment of new Infrastructure
- Work with Product teams to better refine automated provisioning through analysis of application and their workflow
- Track and maintain metrics to monitor the usage/consumption of Infrastructure services; ensure performance and SLA adherence
- Coordinate all production system deployments and technology infrastructure necessary to support application/platform prior to deployment
- Monitor all events and take appropriate actions to address and control events
- Ensure standard build/image for Product teams
Background Experience: Requirements:
- 2-5 years of experience maintaining custom applications
- Experience configuring, managing, troubleshooting Windows .NET and/or Linux Java systems.
- Experience with configuration management, deployment automation systems and concepts (Maven, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Git, TFS, SVN, etc…).
- Experience installing/upgrading applications; deploying applications/solutions.
- Work with Jenkins and CI tools to automate software delivery (build, test, deploy).
- Experience in configuring SOA-based applications (SOAP, JSON, and similar).
- Experience with basic Linux and/or Windows administration.
- Hands-on working knowledge, with large-scale, high-availability heterogeneous infrastructure.
- Hands-on working experience with implementing configuration, build, deployment and release management best practices.
- Creating documentation for application configuration and procedures.
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Bash and PowerShell.
- B.S in Computer Science or similar.
- Good communications skills.
- Healthcare IT experience– a plus.
- Dollar-for-dollar match up-to 6% of your 401(k) contributions!
- Health care (HSA/FSA), dental, vision benefits, PTO
- A top of the line MacBook Pro
- $200/yr towards wellness - gym membership, fitbit, treadmill
- Up-to 5K a year toward tuition reimbursement
- Reimbursement also available for additional Certification, Training & Conferences
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.