At Aetna, we’re pioneering a total approach to health and wellness. As a Data Scientist on the Analytics & Behavior Change team, you’ll build leading-edge analytics, data and technology platforms to help reimagine health care. We’ll count on you to help solve problems and deliver meaningful insights to our customers by leveraging innovations in data science, machine learning and predictive modeling techniques. And we’ll support you in achieving more in your life and your work.
What makes a successful data scientist? Here are the traits we are looking for:
Paid Time Off & Disability
At Aetna Analytics, the team uses machine learning techniques and data visualization to derive insights from the data to guide our efforts to understand and care for our members more effectively and at a lower cost. Each team member is responsible for a new weekly insight. We have a great mix of new graduates and senior data scientists. I’m constantly blown away at the talent, creativity and drive on our team!Karen S., Senior Director - Enterprise Analytics
Working at Aetna, gives you the opportunity to use the data to make a change. A change that could save lives, could prevent fraud, a change that really matters and a chance to work with like-minded people to make a difference. A great team, helpful colleagues, intelligent co-workers make the journey to learn and innovate that much more fun.Tanvi K., Data Scientist - Clinical Analytics
Data Scientist - Student OpportunityPrimary Location: New York, New York
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford, MA-Wellesley, NY-New York Apply
Data Scientist– 2019 Student Opportunity
Who we are
Aetna’sAnalytics &Behavior Change team supports the entire organization by embedding deep analytic insights into key decision processes and focusing on our biggest, most complex problems.We use advanced analytics tools, modeling and machine learning to generate insights by leveraging data within a cutting-edge petabyte-scaleHadoop environment. We’re focused on creating new opportunities that drive change in areas such as healthcare fraud detection and prevention, provider efficiency, and member experience and behavior change.
Our goal is to make healthcare simpler, more affordable, and convenient. We are inspired to make a difference by connecting people to the information they need and helping our members feel the joy of achieving their best health in their own way. Our opportunities in Data Science and Data Engineering are designed to enhance your personal and professional growth and build the skills that will lead you to success. Aetna Analytics has the feel of a fresh startup within a 165 year old company, and we’re looking for people who like solving tough challenges and are motivated by a desire to drive change.
What you will do
- Use modeling, machine learning and programming skills to generate insights by leveraging large amounts of healthcare data from both internal and external sources
- Demonstrate how analytical results are connected to a business problem or objective
- Present and provide recommendations to internal teams and stakeholders
- Work with business partners to support the design of programs / campaigns that will improve the quality of health care, lower costs, and help our members achieve their best health
What you need
- Proficiency in areas of mathematical and statistical analysis, predictive modeling, and data visualization
- Programming and data manipulation skills
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking abilities
- The ability to understand complex systems and solve challenging analytical problems
- Strong collaboration and communication skills within and across teams
- A strong ability to communicate technical concepts and insights to business partners
- A passion to help transform health care
- Some relevant experience is preferred at the graduate level
You are eligible if you
- A recurrently pursuing a degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems, Data Science, or other relevant majors.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidates's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
59186Fundamental Components: text Background Experience: text Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: text
Aetna is taking on health care fraud
Learn how Aetna is using machine learning to detect fraud, waste and abuse in the health care system.
2018 Most Admired
Aetna named one of Fortune's most admired companies
Mark Bertolini Discusses the Future of Health Care at Fortune Brainstorm Health
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
- Dental Director Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Exec Dir, Dental Network Mgt Phoenix, Arizona, Tampa, Florida, Atlanta, Georgia, Chicago, Illinois, Boston, Massachusetts, Charlotte, North Carolina, New York, New York, Blue Bell, Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Houston, Texas, Hartford, Connecticut
- Customer Service Representative Pennsylvania
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.