Care Management AssociatePrimary Location: New York, New York
Additional Locations: NY-New York Apply
Support comprehensive coordination of medical services including Care Team intake, screening and supporting the implementation of care plans to promote effective utilization of healthcare services. Promotes/supports quality effectiveness of Healthcare Services.
Care Management Team Intake
- Responsible for initial review and triage of Care Team tasks
- Identifies principle reason for admission, facility, and member product to correctly apply intervention assessment tools
- Screens patients using targeted intervention business rules and processes to identify needed medical services, make appropriate referrals to medical services staff and coordinate the required services in accordance with the benefit plan
- Monitors non-targeted cases for entry of appropriate discharge date and disposition
- Coordinates and arranges for health care service delivery under the direction of nurse or medical director in the most appropriate setting at the most appropriate expense by identifying opportunities for the patient to utilize participating providers and services
- Promotes communication, both internally and externally to enhance effectiveness of medical management services (e.g.,health care providers, and health care team members respectively)
- Maintains accurate and complete documentation of required information that meets risk management, regulatory, and accreditation requirements
- Protects the confidentiality of member information and adheres to company policies regarding confidentiality
- May assist in the research and resolution of claims payment issues
- Supports the administration of the hospital care, case management and quality management processes in compliance with various laws and regulations, URAQ and/or NCQA standards, Case Management Society of America (CMSA) standards where applicable, while adhering to company policy and procedures
- 2-4 years experience as a medical assistant, office assistant, health care support
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a High School diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent experience.
Functional - Medical Management//
Technical - Desktop Tools/Microsoft Outlook/4-6 Years/
Technical - Desktop Tools/Microsoft Word/1-3 Years/
Technical - Telecommunications/Avaya CCR/1-3 Years/
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Strong customer service skills to coordinate service delivery including attention to customers, sensitivity to issues, proactive identification and resolution of issues to promote positive outcomes for members.
Computer literacy in order to navigate through internal/external computer systems, including Excel and Microsoft Word.
Ability to effectively participate in a multi-disciplinary team including internal and external participants.
Familiarity with basic medical terminology and concepts used in care management.
Effective communication, telephonic and organization skills.
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidates's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.