Business Program ManagerPrimary Location: New York, New York
Additional Locations: NY-New York Apply
60900Fundamental Components: - Develops and implements strategic business plan to achieve business goals.
- Proactively leads a program and/or most complex projects by setting strategic direction.
- Identifies gaps and recommends enhancements related to new and/or existing products, services and workflows based on broad view of the organization.
- Collaborates and partners with other functional managers, other business areas across/within segments or other business areas to ensure all workflow processes and interdependencies are identified and addressed.
- Consults with constituents (these may be internal and/or external) to scope/define project. Influences change in order to improve performance results, organization effectiveness and/or systems/quality/services.
- Obtains financial support for most complex projects or supports this work as it relates to program management.
- Collaboratively works across multiple functions and /or segments to obtain agreement from all impacted parties (e.g., up and downstream effects often impact multiple functions and/or segments.
- Responsible for development and implementation of new ideas that supports work/team.
- Cross function/segment group facilitation/presentation.
- Leads all project and/or program management work including monitoring and tracking of progress and status update communications. Responsible for resource utilization within and across work teams.
- Responsible for the financial implications of projects and/or program budgets. Assists others to identify solutions to issues that negatively impact program and/or project plan.
Background Experience: The program manager must have strong practical experience in project management, which was gained through managing large and complex projects. In addition, the preferred skills are:
- Lean/Six Sigma
- Good knowledge and handling of project and program management methodology and techniques;
- Good understanding of the wider objectives of the program ando work positively with the wide range of individuals
involved in program management;
- The ability to find innovative ways to resolve problems.
Required Skills: General Business - Consulting for Solutions, General Business - Ensuring Project Discipline, Leadership - Developing and Executing Strategy Desired Skills: General Business - Demonstrating Business and Industry Acumen, General Business - Turning Data into Information, Leadership - Driving Change Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.