Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
AHM Senior Architect - 65964BRPrimary Location: New York, New York
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford, FL-Jacksonville, FL-Orlando, MA-Wellesley, NC-High Point, NY-New York, OH-New Albany, RI-Woonsocket Apply
Ensures the development of efficient application systems utilizing established standards, procedures and methodologies.
- Researches and proposes technical strategies. Studies and documents architectural frameworks and reference material. Identifies and solves complex design problems and creates new solutions.
- Designs and modifies components of new and existing IT systems and vendor offerings to promote integrated corporate business systems.
- Designs, supports and deploys mechanisms to enhance, refine, and deliver the architecture vision.
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested, independently.
- Creates the Conceptual Architecture, Vision and Principles.
- Develops Business models to guide development of the architecture.
- Analyzes current information technology environments to identify and assess critical capabilities and recommend solutions.
- Provides research and development activities for architecture. Completes product positioning and assessments. Provides lab and vendor support. Provides guidance for enterprise-wide technology. Develops frameworks, standards and reference material for architecture and associated products.
- Develops and maintains common services, repositories and utility components for the enterprise. Develops and maintain enterprise-wide and domain blueprints and models for the architecture portfolio. Provides program and project level architectures, including support for data, application and technology architecture.
- Provides data, application and technology deliverables on a program and project level basis including risk and opportunity assessment, modeling and design related products and services.
- Manages the architecture governance activities associated with ensuring compliance with the enterprise architecture.
- Effectively communicates the architecture to all levels of the organization.
- Minimum of six years recent and related experience in information systems architecture methodologies.
- Experience with object-oriented modeling principles (inheritance, polymorphism) and methods (use cases, sequence diagrams, etc.).
- Experience with architectural abstractions and design patterns.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a closely related discipline, or an equivalent combination of formal education and experience.
- Requires broad and comprehensive knowledge in leading edge techniques: Systems Architecture, Project Management, Virtualization, IT Management, Security and Infrastructure.
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna, a CVS Health Company’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.