Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Active Health Solution Train Engineer ~67168BRPrimary Location: New York, New York
Additional Locations: NY-New York Apply
Come Join Aetna Digital!
Fundamental Components/Job Description:
- Manage governance structure to ensure coordination and awareness across train leads and key stakeholders within that portfolio.
- Schedule, prepare for & facilitate the critical meetings, including but not limited to leadership meetings, feature candidate reviews, cross portfolio shares, regular roadmap reviews, system demos, Program Increment (PI) planning.
- Address follow-ups that come out of meetings, in cases taking the ownership to pursue those action items, in other cases following up to confirm completion
- Participate in reassessing value stream mapping/train structure and adjust to align with the work ahead
- Define strategy and manage communication to ensure all program participants, including senior executives, have latest information & clear action plans. Provide input on, and follow, templates and best practices as set within department and among peers. Includes how best to leverage channels including SharePoint sites, wikis, distribution lists, etc.
- Lead the Lean Portfolio Management function for the portfolio, bringing together train leads and epic owners to ensure we’re using making the best use of the budget for the highest priority portfolio epics, in partnership with Finance, Product, Architecture.
- Manage the Portfolio Kanban flow and epic management to flow to inform funding decisions
- Manage budget with suppliers/partners, including IT and external funding sources. Partner with Finance to ensure program makes best use of, and stays within, its budget while delivering high-quality results.
- Lead annual planning activities for that portfolio, coordinating with peers, leadership, and finance to refine and ensure a consistent department approach
- Manage the team of Release Train Engineers (RTEs), senior individual contributors that lead trains with that portfolio. Each train has 3-10 teams (50-125 people).
- Assemble a holistic view of portfolio performance (using data from multiple sources) across delivery, production results, customer roll-out and user engagement.
- Interpret and use agile work management reports and final to drive meaningful discussion on current performance and areas of improvement
- Prepare executive updates on portfolio progress, risks, overall status on regular cadence
- Identify & champion improvement opportunities across the portfolio, including coordination with all ARTs and suppliers within the solution/portfolio
- Work across departments and other programs to break down cross-train barriers in effort to enable teams to reach their goals; includes risk and change management processes. Partner to help facilitate resolution of cross-program dependencies
- Identify and pursue opportunities to fine-tune and improve program execution; recommend enhancements related to new and/or existing workflows based on broad view of the organization
- Collaborate with peers to drive consistent practices across the portfolio.
- 8-10 years of program or portfolio management experience
- Extensive experience with Agile methodologies; some level of Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) certification desired
- Experience communicating and driving agile metrics and transitioning stakeholders from traditional project metrics
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Strong executive communication skills, including content synthesis & slide creation; Advanced MS Office skills
- Demonstrated collaborative style, with ability to lead and influence diverse teams
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity, set direction, and influence those not under direct line of management
- Experience with consumer-facing digital products, cloud platform technology, and/or advanced analytics enabled products is helpful
- Strong critical thinker who makes balanced, insightful decisions
- Fact-based problem solver with the ability to evaluate alternative courses of action and make sound management decisions
- Collaborative style, with the ability to establish working relationships across the senior management team, business units, as well as with external advisors and constituents
- Self-starters, problem solvers; comfortable jumping in as needed to support the program
- Reviews and absorbs data from multiple sources and uses that information to develop insights on program status,
- Servant Leader that can quickly create spheres of influence to relentlessly improve
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.