Supervisor, Clinical Health (LCSW)Primary Location: New Jersey
Additional Locations: NJ-Alexandria, NJ-Bergen County, NJ-Burlington County, NJ-Essex County, NJ-Hudson County, NJ-Hunterdon County, NJ-Mercer County, NJ-Middlesex County, NJ-Monmouth County, NJ-Morris County, NJ-Newark, NJ-Ocean County, NJ-Passaic County, NJ-Somerset County, NJ-Sussex County, NJ-Union County, NJ-Warren Apply
We are building an exciting new clinical and member experience program at Aetna. Aetna Community Care is a member centric, team-delivered, community-based care management model that joins members where they are.
The Clinical Supervisor, for Care Management is responsible for business, clinical and operational performance and oversees the direct supervision, guidance and job performance of a group of Care Managers. The team serves high risk Commercial and Medicare Advantage members in a new innovative community-based program. This position provides leadership and oversight of productivity and quality performance to optimize member well-being, clinical and cost-effective outcomes.
- Provides direct supervision and guidance to a team of Licensed Social Worker, Care Managers. Teams are remote based throughout the State of Pennsylvania, and New Jersey
- Prepares, analyzes and applies pertinent data, metrics and reports to monitor and enhance quality, productivity, and assure adherence to policy and procedures
- Contributes to associates on-boarding, coaching and ongoing education to build individual and team competencies and performance
- Responsible for the teams administrative oversight, i.e. team meetings, time and attendance, caseload balance and associate performance
- Ability to manage a remote a team and/or an office based team
- Conducts individual and team quality reviews/audits as required, including home visit ride alongs, monitoring associate performance and adherence to documentation procedures
- Provides clinical guidance and serves as an expert resource to the care team and assists with member care management case reviews and consultations
- Participates in the clinical leadership team to promote continuous quality improvement and actively contributes to care team best practice standards and strategies
- Effectively facilitate team building and inter-disciplinary collaboration
- Provides clinical expertise and business direction to drive the effective execution of care team services through best practices
- Adheres to care management and quality management processes in compliance with regulatory and accreditation guidelines and company policies and procedures
- Maintains a comprehensive working knowledge of managed care, benefits and services for target population to maximize member and program outcomes
- Local travel is required and occasional regional travel also required
- Ability to work flex hours
- Other responsibilities as required.
Background/ Experience Desired:
- 5+ years clinical experience required
- 2+ years supervisory experience required, preferably in a managed care environment
- Managed Care, Medicare/Medicaid experience preferred
- Understanding of a local, community based, care management model, delivered both in person and telephonically
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills; background in motivational interviewing desired
- Strong organizational & critical thinking skills
- Experience in managing a remote based team
- Ability to build relationships and work collaboratively within an inter-disciplinary team model
- Bilingual (Spanish ) preferred.
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Master's degree.
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) in the state of NJ; active and in good standing required.
Additional Job Information:
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence. Together we will empower people to live healthier lives. We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Aetna takes our candidates's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
58774Potential Telework Position: Yes Percent of Travel Required: 25 - 50%
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.