Senior Director, Finance - 62765BRPrimary Location: New Albany, OH
Additional Locations: OH-New Albany Apply
The Senior Financial Director, local CFO will be responsible to implement a defined management process for driving best practices within functions of responsibility. Normally directs a group of financial managers. The Senior Director is accountable for the effective implementation and monitoring of financial functions that supports the business units' financial plans. May participate in those projects that impact all functional disciplines (non-financial) of the company
- Oversight of all financial activities for a stand alone business unit.
- Partners with business unit leader to execute short and long-range strategic plans.
- Partner with business unit management to analyze and support full P&L responsibility.
- Support the coordination and development of business unit financial plans and forecasts.
- Drive the dissemination and collection of input/output data, critical assumption and management reporting requirements.
- Coordinate development and monitor implementation of major business unit action plans to seize competitive opportunities and/or respond to performance shortfalls/plan variances.
- Identify emerging product / market trend vulnerabilities and opportunities through analysis; review all assigned markets, develop and implement action plans.
- May manage multiple management teams.
- 10-15 years significant/pertinent financial planning and analysis experience; knowledge of healthcare, managed care, insurance or financial services; Prior P&L responsibility required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Actuarial Science or similar disciplines required.
- Advanced degree in Business and/or FSA/CPA preferred.
- Project Management experience required
- Experience with Dually Eligible population or similar government products desired.
The local management team will look to this person for leadership and guidance. This is a real business leader role. This role also will need to interact with actuary, med econ and other Aetna Departments. This role is the main contact with the State. Required Skills: General Business - Demonstrating Business and Industry Acumen, Leadership - Developing and Executing Strategy, Leadership - Driving a Culture of Compliance Desired Skills: General Business - Communicating for Impact, General Business - Maximizing Work Practices, Leadership - Collaborating for Results Functional Skills: Finance - Financial analysis - closing, planning, forecasting processes, Finance - Financial reporting and analysis, Finance - Financial reporting and analysis - internal control, Finance - Management: < 25 employees Technology Experience: Desktop Tool - Microsoft Outlook, Desktop Tool - Microsoft PowerPoint, Desktop Tool - Microsoft Word, Desktop Tool - TE Microsoft Excel Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.