Market President - Ohio / KentuckyPrimary Location: New Albany, OH
Additional Locations: OH-New Albany Apply
The Market Head of Ohio/Kentucky is a highly visible role across the Enterprise senior leadership.The Market Head role has oversight of Network Management, Sales and Account Management, Medicare and Compliance.S/he brings strategic leadership, establishes short-term and long-term goals, develops and executes local market initiatives to drive profitable growth.As a senior Leader, you will oversee a large span of control with significant P&L accountability, a broad product portfolio and high level of complexity. As head of Ohio/Kentucky, this role has full P&L accountability for the Ohio/Kentucky market, including Key and Select Accounts, Small Group, Public & Labor, National Accounts, Medicare (Group and Individual) and Specialty Products (e.g. Dental).
The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial in nature and have the skills of a General Manager to drive customer and revenue growth through cross-functional collaboration, managing medical cost, influence, and leadership. They will represent Aetna as a thought leader within the company as well as throughout their respective community.
Medicare represents a significant % of the OH/KY P&L.Experience with both Individual and Group Medicare is preferred.The ideal candidate also has experience in handling complex value-based contracts with provider partners.
- Develops, implements and translates organizational strategies that align to market strategies
- Leads with a focus on the consumer
- Responsible for P & L; manages to deliver on expected business results
- Sets strategic priorities to achieve LOB targets
- Provides direction and fosters a common vision and focus on business goals and objectives.
- Challenges the status quo to lead Aetna’s transformation agenda
- Oversees the geographic portfolio developing and implementing plans to optimize geographic markets
- Monitors market conditions to identify and implement shifts in strategic direction as needed
- Dedicates time to developing strong teams and future leaders
- Develops and maintains knowledge of the business across the aligned market and anticipates and plans for investments needed to reshape the business to meet emerging market needs
- Provides strategic direction to sales and network teams to achieve market revenue and membership goals.
- Cultivates strong relationships externally including plan sponsors, brokers, providers, government organizations and regulatory/legislative representatives
- Engages with local community to build relationships and trust
- Cultivates strong internal relationships necessary for effective cross-functional
- Connects with functional leaders to ensure alignment
- Demonstrates integrity and does what’s right
- Minimum 15 years of experience, including management roles with proven success of leadership experience.
- Strong understanding of the industry and its key strategic and operational imperatives.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.