Jr. Application DeveloperPrimary Location: New Albany, Ohio
Additional Locations: OH-New Albany Apply
Develop and manage applications, tools, processes, procedures needed to achieve high quality Wholesale IT computer operations and systems management services.
- Develops, implements and administers integrated systems management and services support for the management of host, distributed and network resources, applications and computing operations.
- Develops and maintains the tools, process and procedures used to manage the enterprise computing environment or changes to that environment.
- Identifies and acts upon opportunities to improve computing availability, reliability, efficiency, performance and overall service within the enterprise computing environment.
- Communicates and documents new processes and procedures resulting from integrated systems management and services changes within the computing environment.
- Maintains a high level of commitment and focus on customer requirements, presents new products and their usage to appropriate customer groups, targeting all communications accordingly.
- Supports the introduction of technological, organizational, procedural or application change as it relates to integrated systems management and services support within the computing environment.
- Supports special activities and initiatives to service customer needs and/or enhance procedures, work flow and new products.
- Contributes to the analysis and assessment of changes to processes, organization, or infrastructure, as well as new or upgraded technology or products, and implements appropriate integrated systems management and services solutions.
- Provides tool and product training support as required to appropriate customer groups.
- Identifies and resolves problems and escalate to management as defined in unit guidelines.
- Contributes to unit metrics and reporting responsibilities as defined within the unit.
- Contributes to organizational support for planning and financials related to integrated systems management products and resources.
- Contributes to the support of organizational planning alignment to Enterprise level direction, strategy and governance programs.
- .Net and SQL development in support of minor enhancements to applications and in response to client needs for reporting and queries.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Task management and analytical skills.
- Ability to work effectively with business partners, other IT organizations and management.
- Overall knowledge of computing environments (midrange, distributed, desktop), infrastructure components
- Familiarity with one or more categories of enterprise automation support tools: distributed and application monitoring (E.G. AppDynamics, Dynatrace, etc.); Problem, change and service request management; Job and event scheduling.
- 1 - 3 years .Net application development and SQL query experience.
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Associate's degree or equivalent experience.
Functional - Information Technology/Computer operations/1-3 Years
Functional - Information Technology/Application development/1-3 Years
Technical - Development Languages/SQL/1-3 Years/System Support
Technical - Development Languages/C/1-3 Years/System Support
Technology/Selecting and Applying Technology Solutions/FOUNDATION
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Be part of an organization that is helping our members achieve healthier outcomes.
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidates's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.