Health Concierge - Customer ServicePrimary Location: New Albany, Ohio
Additional Locations: OH-New Albany Apply
- Answers questions and resolves issues as a “single-point-of-contact” based on phone calls, plan sponsors, PSS/ISO, members and providers.
- Provides customized interaction based on customer preference and individualized needs, creating an emotional connection with our members by understanding and engaging the member to the fullest.
- Fully understands the member’s needs by building a trusting and caring relationship with the member.
- Anticipates customer needs.Provides the customer with related information to answer the unasked questions, e.g. additional plan details, benefit plan details, member self-service tools, etc.
- Uses customer service threshold framework to make financial decisions to resolve member issues.Educates and assists customers on various elements of benefit plan information and available services created to enhance the overall customer service experience with the company (i.e., assistance with member self-service tools, Consultation Opportunities – Simple Steps, Cost of Care Tools, Natural Alternatives Program, etc.).
- Utilizes all relevant information to effectively influence member engagement.
- Takes immediate action when confronted with a problem or made aware of a situation.
- Takes ownership of each customer contact to resolve their issues and connect them with additional services as appropriate.
- Identifies member needs beyond the initial inquiry by answering the unasked questions.Resolves issues without or with limited management intervention.
- Provides education to members to support them in managing their health.
- Responds quickly to meet customer needs and resolve problems while avoiding over-committing.
- Other activities may include: providing claim status information, benefit coverage interpretations, and explaining plan eligibility.
- Processes claim referrals, new claim hand-offs, and escalates issues as appropriate through the system for grievances and appeals.
- Initiates out-reach/welcome calls to ensure constituents expectations are met or exceeded.
- Identifies trends and any emerging customer service issues and works to develop solutions to address potential problems and/or plan features of interest as an approach to improve understanding of benefit plans and increase post-enrollment member satisfaction.
- Partners with other departments to deliver client specific presentations.
- Coordinates efforts both internally and across departments to successfully resolve service issues and develop process improvement intended to enhance the overall delivery of service.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to deliver the best customer experience Seeks to understand the customer, including circumstances, problems, expectations and needs.
- Asks probing questions to identify the underlying customer needs.
- Appropriately transitions conversations to explore possibilities for extending customer interactions Guides members to the appropriate health resource Offers alternatives where appropriate Acts with the best interest of customer in mind and central to all interactions.
- Collaborates with colleagues and co-workers to deliver a world class customer experience.
- Serves as SME providing technical assistance when needed on call related issues, products, and/or system applications delivery matters.
- May participate in preparation and presentation of client specific presentations. May track and trend data.
Customer Service experiences in a transaction based environment such as a call center or retail location preferred, demonstrating ability to be empathetic and compassionate.
Effective organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks.
Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
Associate's degree or equivalent work experience Additional Job Information:
Innovative Thinking and “Change Agent” - Looks for, identifies and acts on opportunities to improve how we design, develop, and deliver products and services.
Strong analytical skills and innovative problem solving abilities.
Strong negotiation and collaboration skills.
In-depth knowledge of benefits program and system design (Health and Welfare, Wealth, other employee benefits), related financials, legal/regulatory requirements.
Empathy towards customers' needs and concerns.
Ability to maintain accuracy and production standards.
Attention to detail and accuracy. Required Skills: Service - Creating a Differentiated Service Experience, Service - Handling Service Challenges, Service - Working Across Boundaries Desired Skills: Benefits Management - Encouraging Wellness and Prevention, Benefits Management - Maximizing Healthcare Quality, Benefits Management - Shaping the Healthcare System Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.