Customer Service Representative
At Aetna, we’re pioneering a total approach to health and wellness, focusing on the whole person - body, mind, and spirit. Our customer service and claim teams provide a human connection when it’s needed most and are essential to turning our member’s health ambitions, big and small, into achievements. Your role will include processing claims and helping members, doctors, and companies better understand our products and services. You will be an advocate for our member’s best health by helping them get the most from their benefits, building trust and always providing a clear path to care.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Level: Entry Level
- Travel: No
Aetna’s minimum starting salary is $16/hr.
What makes a successful Customer Service Representative? Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Good listener
- Problem Solver
- Quick thinking
Paid Time Off & Disability
Aetna’s Social Compact
Our commitment to improve wages and medical benefits.
Customer Service Representative Quotes
You really are invested in the member… you have to be their advocate.Damon H., Senior Health Concierge Customer Service Representative
I’m very excited about the common purpose [Advocate for our members’ best health by helping get them most from their benefits, building trust and always providing a clear path to care], in the first day of training all the leaders came in and explained it. As soon as they got done talking I knew this was the company for me.Emily E., Customer Service Representative
Customer Service RepresentativePrimary Location: New Albany, Ohio
Additional Locations: OH-New Albany Apply
|We are currently recruiting top talent for our Aetna Better Health Customer Service group located in New Albany, Ohio. The Dual Centers of Excellence Customer Service delivers innovative, proactive and compassionate service that exceeds our members expectations. We are the knowledgeable, trusted, advocates for our members. The key to our success is our people.|
- Customer Service Representatives answer inquiries from our Center of Excellence members via inbound calls, internet inquiries, and written correspondence.
- CSRs must be able to deal compassionately with Medicaid beneficiaries on a one-on-one basis and focus on their needs through careful listening and patience.
- CSRs participate in ongoing training and engage in self-development.
- The CSR must be able to work independently, honor commitments to our members, and collaborate with team members to create a remarkable member experience.
- The position requires the ability to efficiently navigate multiple systems while resolving complex issues as advocates for our members.
- Passion for providing exceptional customer service, effective verbal and written communication skills, and willingness to adapt to a changing environment are critical to success in this role.
- Prior experience providing customer service to the senior population, knowledge of medical terminology including Medicare and Ohio Medicaid policies, or experience with health insurance plans is preferred.
- Experience in a production environment.
- Customer Service experiences in a transaction based environment such as a call center involving healthcare, insurance, or managed care industry is preferred; familiarity with Medicaid or Medicare a plus.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality are requirements of the Customer Service Representative position.
- CSRs are assigned 8.5 hour shifts, Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm, which include a half-hour unpaid lunch time that may rotate as business needs dictate.
- CSRs must have the flexibility to work any time during the office hours of 8 am to 8 pm.
- At times, overtime including weekends may be required as business needs dictate.
Aetna has been named to Fortune’s 2018 World’s Most Admired Companies list. The company was ranked No. 4 in the “Health Care: Insurance and Managed Care” category.
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.