Claim Operations AnalystPrimary Location: New Albany, OH
Additional Locations: OH-New Albany Apply
70925Fundamental Components: The Claim Analytics Project Lead participates in all 3 primary activities of the department:
- 40% of time: Monitors assigned operations metrics, lines of business and special topics related to claim operations performance; Identify variances, and independently investigates questions regarding claim operational topics
- 40% of time: Responds to a variety of questions from business leaders concerning claim operations; design new metrics or methods for gaining deep insight into operational performance; creates written results of analysis in plain language for a wide variety of audiences; may present results to leaders
- 20% of time: Provide analysis and consultation for process improvement initiatives
- 3-5 years of data analysis experience using large data sets, including drawing conclusions and writing summaries
- Solid understanding of medical claim data (terminology, claim structure and data elements)
- Solid understanding of medical claim adjudication process (claim life cycle from intake to adjudication)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Note: this is not a "report-generator" role. Although some reporting is required, the position primarily performs quantitative and qualitative analysis, and provides interpretation of changes in financial, operational and process flow metrics
- Minimum 3 years experience using Excel to perform quantitative analysis using formulas, functions, pivot tables, charts
- Experience building SAS (or similar) projects, Tableau visualizations, or 'big data' tools is a plus
Our department functions as a true team: colleagues frequently work together as part of their daily routine, learn from each other, assist each other, cover each others' assignments, and contribute to each others' success. Collaboration is an integral part of daily work. Colleagues are expected to continuously learn and grow in their positions.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, have an inquisitive mind, be a creative problem solver and be willing to help others. Our team members hold themselves to the highest standards of ethical conduct. Clinical Licensure: N/A Potential Telework Position: Yes Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna, a CVS Health Company.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.