A1A Customer Service ManagerPrimary Location: New Albany, OH
Additional Locations: OH-New Albany Apply
The A1A Customer Service Manager will maintain oversight of functions in local service center, including but not limited to customer service, claim, provider services, complaints, grievances, and appeals, implementation, and/or plan sponsor operations. Executes local strategic and operational plan in support of business segment customer service objectives and initiatives. Plans, directs and implements procedures that will assure a high level of customer access and satisfaction. Responsible for the quality and effectiveness of own team and related teams, identifying and resolving technical, operational and team problems. Manages a team of professional employees and/or supervisors.
- Oversees the operations in a local service center handling a customer service function, which may include claims, member or provider services, billing, enrollment, accounts receivable and implementation services.
- Develops, monitors and reviews performance reports and service performance trends for each account against the plan and recommends specific actions or remedies as necessary.
- Develops and maintains strong collaborative relationships within operations as well as with patient management, Sales and Marketing, PSS, Underwriting, Utilization Management, and network management in establishing appropriate service level agreements.
- Develops, trains, evaluates, and coaches staff to provide cost effective claim processing and claim and customer service while ensuring that quality standards are met.
- Assesses individual and team performance on a regular basis and provide candid and timely developmental feedback; monitors training plans and ensure training needs are met.
- Establishes a clear vision aligned with company values; sets specific challenging and achievable objectives and action plans; motivates others to balance customer needs and business success; challenges self and others to look to the future to create quality products, services, and solutions.
- Attracts, selects, and retains high caliber, diverse talent able to successfully achieve or exceed business goals; builds a cohesive team that works well together.
- Creates and maintains tools, job aids, and training materials to help employees in their efforts to resolve issues and improve their relationship with customers.
- Collects, analyzes and reports on operations information in support of process, systems, and policy redesign. Effectively applies and enforces Aetna HR policies and practices, i.e. FML/EML, Attendance, Code of Conduct, and Disciplinary Guidelines
- Effectively manages cross-functional projects that support the business strategy.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience managing/leading an operations team
- Minimum of 3 years of customer facing experience and presenting to customers and Senior Leadership Level.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong and creative presentation design capabilities
- Exhibits “big picture” strategic thinking capabilities
- Clearly demonstrates ability to lead, drive and inspire leaders to achieve results
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to determine root cause and create effective action plans to close performance gaps
- Clearly demonstrates aptitude to manage with courage
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.