Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Senior Computer Services TechnicianPrimary Location: Middletown, Connecticut
Additional Locations: CT-Middletown Apply
- Availability Management:
- Follows established service levels and is accountable all service level agreements are met by mitigating the risk and impact of activity in the production environments.
- Initiates corrective action to stabilize computing environments ensuring established Six Sigma service levels are met or exceeded.
- Proactively partners with Production Services, project management and IT Infrastructure peers to ensure application availability, reliability, efficiency and performance is met.
- Adheres to all AIS Notification processes, procedures, tools, and controls for service delivery and service support functions.
- Change and Problem Management:
- Participates in managing and coordinating resources for highly visible upgrades, complex change activities and releases of business applications working in concert with Production Services and/or IT representatives to ensure timely, effective installation.
- Implements new technology, business/system integrations, procedural and application changes in the computing infrastructure environment.
- Analyzes, assesses, and reacts to the impact these changes may have on service level commitments.
- Responds to daily operational issues maintaining high level of standards by mitigating problems/failures and recommending proactive solutions to help prevent recurrence.
- Successfully demonstrates utilization of major system and service console tools on current installed CPUs to manage, maintain, and configure the mainframe and its I/O configuration.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of computer/network infrastructure, environmental hardware/software, and the relationships related to AIS Engineering/Production Services organizations.
- Effectively identifies improvements.
- Consistently demonstrates an understanding of job flow procedures, testing relationships, job scheduling and job processing.
- Activates, checks out, monitors, shuts down and recovers all platforms, applications and databases.
- Utilizes Mainframe/Midrange/Online scheduling tools to manage process and monitor batch jobs for complex business applications.
- Proactively monitors and analyzes system events to mitigate risk scenarios and ensure stability of applications and computing infrastructure.
- Infrastructure/Application Management and Recovery:
- Manages vendors and AIS engineering representatives toward restoration of service for disabled computing infrastructure components and impacted applications, focusing on reducing Mean Time to Recovery (MTTR) in partnership with AIS Availability Managers. -
- Contributes technical expertise and serves as the technical focal point on complex and critical situations and infrastructure recoveries.
- Consistently takes on a technical role during the recovery of hardware, software or processing incidents.
- Complete knowledge of techniques used to diagnose and capture documentation for system and infrastructure problems.
- Maintains significant knowledge of Problem Management tools and assists in resolution.
- Provides project leadership on simple to moderately complex business or IT initiatives.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills used to gather and share accurate and complete documentation, communicate problem situations, turnovers and recaps to the areas responsible via Service Center (ISD), e-Mail, Symon Board, broadcasts, documents and shift notes in a professional and timely manner.
- Provides training and coaching support to junior staff members for the management and operation of our computing environment.
- Demonstrated teamwork, positive attitude and good rapport with peers and customers.
- Demonstrated leadership and problem solving abilities.Experience and in depth technical knowledge in the computing environment (Mainframe, Midrange, Distributed/Server, Network and Intranet/Internet WEB environments) and/or programming languages required to use/support all Computer Services tools.
- 5+ years progressively responsible experience in complex computing environment with a background in mainframe, midrange, distributed, network, WEB environments.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Ability to work effectively with business partners, other IT organizations and management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Project management and analytical skills.
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna, a CVS Health Company’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
- Data Scientist Wellesley, Massachusetts
- Senior Director, Digital Product Management / Marketing Technology Wellesley, Massachusetts
- Hadoop Engineer Dallas, Texas, Hartford, Connecticut
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.