Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Senior Computer Services TechnicianPrimary Location: Middletown, Connecticut
Additional Locations: CT-Middletown Apply
63821Fundamental Components: Availability Management:
- Develops knowledge of application and infrastructure availability criteria while learning to identify potential impacts to the business. Maintains a high level of commitment to, and focus on, customer requirements.
- Adheres to Notification processes, procedures, tools, and controls
- Develops understanding of the Change Management process as it relates to batch, online and infrastructure activities for service delivery and service support functions
- Assists senior team member on complex, or independently supports less complex change activities and releases of business applications, working in concert with Production Services and/or IT representatives to ensure timely, effective installation
- Acquires knowledge of Problem Management tools and gains skills to assist in resolution and recurrence avoidance of service incidents
- Responds to daily operational issues maintaining high level of standards by mitigating problems/failures and recommending proactive solutions to help prevent recurrence.
- Demonstrates utilization of major system and service console tools on current installed CPUs. Manages, maintains, and configures the mainframe and its I/O configuration
- Activates, checks out, monitors, shuts down and recovers platforms, applications and databases. Demonstrates effective use of Mainframe/Midrange/Online scheduling tools to manage and monitor batch jobs for business applications. Proactively monitors and analyzes system events to mitigate risk scenarios and ensure stability of applications and computing infrastructure
- Assists senior team members in managing vendors and engineering representatives, toward the restoration of service for disabled computing infrastructure components and impacted applications
- Serves as the technical focal point on uncomplicated and less critical situations. Demonstrates and takes on an active technical role during the recovery of hardware, software or processing incidents
- Develops an in-depth knowledge of techniques to diagnose and capture documentation for system and infrastructure problems. Maintains significant knowledge of Problem Management tools and assists in resolution
- Participates in assigned projects and IT initiatives
- Develops strong communication skills used to gather and share accurate and complete documentation, communicate problem situations, turnovers and recaps to the areas responsible
- Proactively pursues opportunities to enhance personal skill set. Actively participates in training and coaching support from senior staff members.
- Demonstrated teamwork, positive attitude and good rapport with peers and customers.
- Demonstrated leadership and problem solving abilities.
- Experience and in depth technical knowledge in the computing environment (Mainframe, Midrange, Distributed/Server, Network and Intranet/Internet WEB environments) and/or programming languages required to use/support all Computer Services tools.
- 5+ years progressively responsible experience in complex computing environment with a background in mainframe, midrange, distributed, network, WEB environments.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
This position will reside in the Middletown, CT and Windsor, CT Data Centers, following 24x7 Operations. The hours for this position will be daytime, 06:00-18:00 – 3.5 days a week and will include weekend rotations Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.