Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Manager, Computer ServicesPrimary Location: Middletown, Connecticut
Additional Locations: CT-Middletown Apply
- Manages service delivery and service support in one or more mainframe, midrange, network, distributed, and multi-tiered computing environments.
- Ensures successful delivery of applications and infrastructure implementations and upgrades having enterprise-wide impact.
- Manages I/T resources and processes to ensure the integrity and availability of the computing/network infrastructure, online applications and/or batch processing (within defined scope of responsibility).
- Manages vendors and IEI representatives toward restoration of service for disabled computing infrastructure components, focusing on reducing Mean Time To Recovery (MTTR) and Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF).
- Ensures adherence to IEI processes, procedures, tools, and controls for service delivery and service support functions (e.g., Computer Services Procedures, Change Management, Problem Management, Performance and Capacity, and Configuration Management).
- Manages the introduction of change in a dynamic environment, while mitigating risks and interdependencies to ensure minimal impact to service levels.
- Manages to established service levels, identifies negative trends, and communicates results to peers/IEI infrastructure organizations.
- Initiates corrective action to stabilize environments.
- Coordinates and manages team resources to meet production needs and adjusts as required.
- Promotes innovation in use of resources (e.g., alternate staffing, cross-functional teams).
- Maximizes available resources, eliminates unnecessary functions and redundancies.
- Proactively anticipates the impact of events.
- Participates in and provides input into vendor sessions to address service related incidents and prevent recurrences.
- Allocates and manages team resources relative to project assignments and technology/application implementation initiatives.
- People/Self Management:
- Manages front line team charged with maintaining availability and stability of CVS Health's production environment 24x7.
- Prepares and develops employee and team development plans and balanced scorecards.
- Executes hiring process for their team. Interviews and screens applicants, recommends compensation.
- Participates in the development of organization's operating plan.
- Manages communication of the organization's operating plan.
- Establishes and drives achievement of department's goals and objectives with staff.
- Serves as backup to direct manager, as required.
- Project leadership experience in highly complex or enterprise wide initiatives required.
- Demonstrated leadership and problem solving abilities.
- 5+ years progressively responsible experience in complex computing environment with a background in mainframe, midrange, and distributed platforms.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
- Utilization Management Nurse Consultant Bradenton, Florida, Boynton Beach, Florida, Casselberry, Florida, Fort Myers, Florida, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Orlando, Florida, Pensacola, Florida, Tampa, Florida
- Actuarial Manager Chicago, Illinois, Bethesda, Maryland, New York, New York, Blue Bell, Pennsylvania, Austin, Texas, Atlanta, Georgia, Concord, California, Hartford, Connecticut
- Event Coordinator / Administrative Support New York, New York
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.