Vertical Solutions ManagerPrimary Location: McLean, Virginia
Additional Locations: VA-McLean Apply
The New Product Department develops new product offerings for commercial business. One specific area is Aetna’s vertical business and strategy. This represents one of Aetna’s key market opportunities. As healthcare becomes ever more hyperlocal, Aetna needs differentiated and integrated solutions that address the needs of employers as they seek to address diverse health needs across the local and national markets in which they do business.
The Vertical Solutions manager will support the Vertical Strategy team in setting the product and solution strategy for Aetna in the specific verticals targeted at industries including healthcare, private equity, hospitality, and high tech. In this role, the Vertical Solutions manager will support the various needs of clients, brokers, and internal stakeholders. This will span across Aetna’s entire portfolio of products, including core medical, ancillary, consume payment models, and pharmacy benefits, as well as clinical care models,networks and services offerings, to develop a winning strategy in the market. The result of this strategy is the construction of new solutions that resonate with the local and national businesses.
The Vertical solutions manager will support the partnership of various internal stakeholders including the commercial, sales distribution, and other cross functional teams such as underwriting, sales, actuarial, finance, marketing resulting in ultimate bottom line growth for the segments.The successful candidate has a strong background in health cares strategy, product development, and experience working in a matrix organization.In addition, demonstrated success in the large group market, national accounts and key accounts, will be important.
- Assist with the development of solution strategies for healthcare, hospitality, high tech, and private equity
- Project lead the analysis and development of sub-segments with growth potential, including adding new capabilities
- Lead the analysis of program gaps and opportunities; present findings to the New Product Department and the Product and Solutions Leadership team
- Lead the research of the competitive landscape, from both a plan sponsor and consumer perspective, and then support the building it into a solution strategy.
- Support partner product management to include 3rd-party offerings and new technologies into Aetna’s integrated solutions.
- Support the development of strategic and economic business cases for all new solution offerings, including revenue, profit and market share targets.
- Support and lead the management of new solution development from concept gate thru launch gate.
- Assist with the development of training by working in partnership with the sales enablement and field management teams on the new offerings
- Leads cross functional work with the digital membership experience team and the clinical network team
- Work across Aetna’s broad portfolio of products, including dental, vision, voluntary, stop-loss, and consumer-directed payment models to assemble these components into integrated solutions for the Vertical Solutions Team
- Identifies opportunity for new verticals and leads the product and strategy development in new vertical segments.
- Assists with defining the projects required to support large group solutions product strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance/accounting or healthcare
- Healthcare background
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience with demonstrated project management and leadership
- Strategic thinker with excellent judgment and business sense
- Problem solving skills – ability to develop solutions to meet customer needs
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong work ethic and commitment to excellence
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.