Transformation and Clinical Product, SR. DIR, PRODUCT MANAGEMENTPrimary Location: McLean, VA
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford, MA-Wellesley, VA-McLean Apply
In this role, the individual will have a team of direct reports that they will be responsible in overseeing to execute on commercial business needs.
The successful candidate has a strong background in health care strategy, product development, and experience working in a matrix organization. In addition, demonstrated success in the commercial health insurance will be important.
69231Fundamental Components: Essential Responsibilities:
- Supports our overall transformation and clinical strategy for commercial business
- Ideate, develop, and launch new clinical products ranging from care management, wellbeing and chronic conditions
- Oversee data and analytics to ensure commercial’s highest prevalence and conditions are prioritized while driving ROI and improved outcomes
- Cultivates and develops relationships with key constituents such as brokerage houses, consultants and customers, independently or in concert with Aetna senior leaders
- Leverages in-depth knowledge and understanding of products across functions and market segments in directing the development and implementation of new product initiatives, including product enhancements
- Directs and evaluates requirements and specifications in building appropriate business processes and systems to support product initiatives. Creates business needs analysis in preparation for product development council.
- Directs product analysis to gain a comprehensive understanding of internal and external environmental influences and competitive pressures. Incorporates results into strategic plan development and on-going product performance monitoring
- Consult on / drive effective product offerings to customers to meet organizational goals
- Monitor and report key financial performance indicators to obtain effective product portfolio performance.
- Champions the product management discipline and process within PSM, NPD, and across the enterprise
- Directs the establishment of large cross-functional development and implementation work groups, encouraging innovative use of resources to achieve objectives consistent with the strategic plan
- Encourages cross-functional collaboration, supporting information needs to solve business issues and support project requirements.
- Recruits and selects well-qualified, diverse and talented management staff
- Provides management support to team, including all aspects of performance including performance reviews, feedback and ongoing growth and development
- Identifies long term needs of the organization and establishes succession plans for key personnel
- Maintains environment and reward system that encourages initiative, learning and empowerment
- Articulates performance expectations and team objectives while collecting and interpreting balanced measures to evaluate team performance
- Communicates and consults with Senior Management to ensure that product initiatives focus on long term results/earnings and represent all constituencies effectively (e.g. segments, consumers, providers)
- Lead the research of the competitive landscape, from both a plan sponsor and consumer perspective, and then support the building it into a solution strategy.
- Support partner product management to include 3rd-party offerings and new technologies into Aetna’s integrated solutions.
- Support the development of strategic and economic business cases for all new solution offerings, including revenue, profit and market share targets.
- Assist with the development of training by working in partnership with the sales enablement and field management teams on the new offerings
- 10+ years of related industry experience
- Product development and/or management experience preferred
- Vertical and commercial business sales competency
- Communicates well with all levels within the department and the company
- Demonstrates leadership
- Influence people within areas of responsibility
Education and Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- MBA preferred
Functional – Project or Team leader 5+ years
Product Management experience 10+ years
Commercial medical experience 5-10 years
Additional Job Information: Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
Required Skills: General Business - Demonstrating Business and Industry Acumen, Leadership - Anticipating and Innovating, Leadership - Driving a Culture of Compliance Desired Skills: General Business - Communicating for Impact, General Business - Ensuring Project Discipline, Leadership - Driving Strategic and Organizational Agility Functional Skills: General Management - Multi-functional management: < 25 employees, General Management - Process & quality improvement, General Management - Product development, Planning - Planning & performance management, Project Management - Cross-functional project management Technology Experience: Desktop Tool - Microsoft Outlook, Desktop Tool - Microsoft PowerPoint, Desktop Tool - Microsoft SharePoint, Desktop Tool - TE Microsoft Excel Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna, a CVS Health Company.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.