Product Manager (Healthcare)Primary Location: McLean, Virginia
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford, MA-Wellesley, VA-McLean Apply
The New Product Department develops new product offerings for commercial business. As new products are developed, there is continued importance on product management. In this role, the ideal candidate will manage the new products that are developed from the new product department. This includes product management, gating, review, enhancements, and overall product performance.
As healthcare becomes ever more hyperlocal, Aetna needs differentiated and integrated solutions that address the needs of employers as they seek to address diverse health needs across the local and national markets in which they do business.
The successful candidate has a strong background in health care strategy, product development, and experience working in a matrix organization. In addition, demonstrated success in the commercial business including the following segments: large group market, national accounts and key accounts, will be important.
NOTE: This is not an IT role.
- Leverages in-depth knowledge and understanding of products across functions and within market segments to direct the development and implementation of new solution initiatives, including enhancements
- Directs, evaluates and provides requirements/specifications for use of appropriate business processes and systems to support product initiatives
- Seek and maintain comprehensive understanding of internal and external environmental influences and competitive pressures to develop and enhance product portfolio
- Drive effective product offerings to customers to meet commercial organizational goals
- Understand and track key financial performance indicators to insure effective portfolio performance
- Establish and manage large (or significant) cross-functional development and implementation work groups. Anticipate resource needs, set priorities, establish accountabilities, define roles/responsibilities and manage relationships to secure necessary resources not under direct control
- May participate and/or conduct focus group sessions, broker briefings or one-on-one meetings with consultants, brokers, general agents and/or employer groups to obtain voice of customer feedback
- Lead product performance management, including sunset; oversee business case development
- Owns and is accountable for P/L success for product(s)
- 5-7 years work experience
- Product development and/or management experience preferred
- Commercial health insurance experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- MBA preferred
- Experience leading cross functional project management initiatives
- Advanced communication/presentation skills
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.