NAT Account DirectorPrimary Location: McLean, Virginia
Additional Locations: VA-McLean Apply
Develops and executes effective account management strategies for larger, more complex accounts to meet profitable growth and cross-selling objectives.
- Act as senior strategic business partner to constituents (producers, plan sponsors, customers) to optimize the positioning of Aetna's products and services and to attain profitability and membership objectives.
- Develops and executes the renewal process ensuring appropriate margins and customer/membership retention targets are achieved.
- Prepares client for renewal by explaining cost drivers of benefit plan, offers solutions to reduce costs, delivers renewal to client and producer.
- Formulates complex financial decision recommendations and presents them to management.
- Assesses the competitive environment and develops sales strategies to capitalize on market opportunities and drive a competitive advantage.
- Accountable for establishing and maintaining relationships with appropriate internal partners, (underwriting, plan sponsor services, medical management, etc.).
- Ensure clients are kept informed of any regulatory issues and/or developing healthcare trends potentially impacting their benefits program strategy. Works with clients to make certain that any changes resulting from this activity are appropriately addressed within the context of their business needs and employee benefits strategy.
- Leads finalist presentations related to either new business or growth/cross sell opportunities on designated 1 customers.
Background/ Experience Desired:
- At least 5-10 years industry or customer equivalent experience.
- Ability to: manage for profitable growth; anticipate and respond to marketplace trends; develop strategies that drive the business; demonstrate cross-cultural sensitivity; integrate financial, marketing, and strategic concepts; integrate financial, marketing and strategic concepts; renew profitable business.
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Insurance/General Lines Life Account & Health License is required
Functional - Sales & Service/Complex negotiations/7-10 Years
Functional - Sales & Service/Strategy development/7-10 Years
Functional - Sales & Service/Account Management/7-10 Years
Functional - Sales & Service/Self insured/stop loss products/7-10 Years
Technical - Desktop Tools/Microsoft Word/7-10 Years/
Technical - Desktop Tools/Microsoft PowerPoint/7-10 Years/
Technical - Desktop Tools/Microsoft Outlook/7-10 Years/
Finance/Creating Profitable Customers/MASTERY
Leadership/Developing and Executing Strategy/MASTERY
Sales/Selling Products and Services/MASTERY
Additional Job Information:
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence. Together we will empower people to live healthier lives. We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Aetna takes our candidates's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
58468Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 10 - 25% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.