Executive AssistantPrimary Location: McLean, VA
Additional Locations: VA-McLean Apply
- Independently provide advanced, diversified and confidential administrative support requiring broad experience, skill and knowledge of organization operations, policies and practices.
- Initiates correspondence, resolves complex inquiries, coordinates complex meetings and travel arrangements.
- Supports the development of materials including basic formatting, production, etc.
- Coordinates manager's time commitments both internally and externally.
- Self-starter, with the ability to manage open items pro-actively
- Manages workflow for incoming items to ensure that issues are directed to the appropriate area (particularly in Manager's absence).
• Monitors status of delegated items to ensure closure.
• Mastery of MS Office, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel etc. Knowledge of WebEx preferred.
• Exemplary time management and planning skills.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize daily work load.
• Majority of work involves confidential business material.
• Triages telephone calls ensuring that correct action is taken without direction from the Manager
• Opens, reads, organizes, prioritizes and responds to mail or directs to appropriate area for response.
• Monitors status to ensure closure.
• Authorized to manage calendar, making all changes independently, for both internal and external executive time commitments.
• Manages daily calendar to ensure that priorities are accomplished and unplanned items are address appropriately.
• Organizes and maintains files of supervisor's correspondence, records etc. following up on pending matters.
• Develops and monitors budget for cost center(s).
• Prepares complex budget reports.
• Leads special projects
• Authorized to approve expenditures up to assigned dollar amount.
• Drafts correspondence for Manager's final approval
- 5+ years executive administrative support experience.
- Associate's degree or equivalent work experience.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.