Director, Product ManagementPrimary Location: McLean, Virginia
Additional Locations: VA-McLean Apply
Ownership of new and or existing portfolio of products. Responsible for overall portfolio performance. Manages the stage gate process. Understands and capitalizes on market opportunity and customer need. Rationalizes portfolio and sunsets products. Leads team of product managers and/or analysts.
The successful candidate has a strong background in health care strategy, product development, and experience working in a matrix organization. In addition, demonstrated success in the Commercial health insurance will be important.
Note: This is not an IT or Marketing Position.
- Cultivates and develops relationships with key constituents such as brokerage houses, consultants and customers, independently or in concert with Aetna senior leaders
- Responsible for identifying new offerings and technology under their portfolio
- Collaborate with and influence peers throughout Aetna
- Directs the formulation, implementation and milestone tracking for business plans
- Leverages in-depth knowledge and understanding of products across functions and market segments in directing the development and implementation of new product initiatives, including product enhancements
- Directs and evaluates requirements and specifications in building appropriate business processes and systems to support product initiatives. Creates business needs analysis in preparation for product development council
- Directs product analysis to gain a comprehensive understanding of internal and external environmental influences and competitive pressures. Incorporates results into strategic plan development and on-going product performance monitoring
- Consult on / drive effective product offerings to customers to meet organizational goals
- Monitor and report key financial performance indicators to obtain effective product portfolio performance
- Champions the product management discipline and process within PSM and across the enterprise
- Directs the establishment of large cross-functional development and implementation work groups, encouraging innovative use of resources to achieve objectives consistent with the strategic plan
- Encourages cross-functional collaboration, supporting information needs to solve business issues and support project requirements
- Recruits and selects well-qualified, diverse and talented management staff
- Identifies long term needs of the organization and establishes succession plans for key personnel
- Maintains environment and reward system that encourages initiative, learning and empowerment
- Articulates performance expectations and team objectives while collecting and interpreting balanced measures to evaluate team performance
- Communicates and consults with Senior Management to ensure that product initiatives focus on long term results/earnings and represent all constituencies effectively (e.g. segments, consumers, providers)
- 10+ years of related industry experience
- Product development and/or management experience preferred
- Communicates well with all levels within the department and the company
- Demonstrates leadership
- Influence people within areas of responsibility
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- MBA preferred
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.