TX STAR+PLUS Service Coordinator 2-Case Mgmt CoordinatorPrimary Location: McAllen, TX
Additional Locations: TX-McAllen Apply
68153Fundamental Components: Evaluation of Members: -Through the use of care management tools and information/data review, conducts comprehensive telephonic and face to face evaluation of referred member’s needs/eligibility and recommends an approach to case resolution and/or meeting needs by evaluating member’s benefit plan and available internal and external programs/services. Identifies high risk factors and service needs that may impact member outcomes and care planning components with appropriate referral to clinical case management or crisis intervention as appropriate. - Coordinates and implements assigned care plan activities and monitors care plan progress. Enhancement of Medical Appropriateness and Quality of Care: - Using holistic approach consults with case managers, supervisors, Medical Directors and/or other health programs to overcome barriers to meeting goals and objectives; presents cases at case conferences to obtain multidisciplinary review in order to achieve optimal outcomes. - Identifies and escalates quality of care issues through established channels. -Utilizes negotiation skills to secure appropriate options and services necessary to meet the member’s benefits and/or healthcare needs. - Utilizes influencing/ motivational interviewing skills to ensure maximum member engagement and promote lifestyle/behavior changes to achieve optimum level of health. -Provides coaching, information and support to empower the member to make ongoing independent medical and/or healthy lifestyle choices. -Helps member actively and knowledgeably participate with their provider in healthcare decision-making. Analyzes all utilization, self-report and clinical data available to consolidate information and begin to identify comprehensive member needs. Reviews prior claims to address potential impact on current base management and eligibility. Assessment includes the member's level of work capacity and related restrictions/limitations. Monitoring, Evaluation and Documentation of Care: - Utilizes case management and quality management processes in compliance with regulatory and accreditation guidelines and company policies and procedures.
- 2 years experience in behavioral health, social services or appropriate related field equivalent to program focus
- Bilingual skills preferred (Spanish)
- Managed Care experience preferred
- 2+ years in care management experience preferred
- Discharge planning experience preferred
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree OR a non-licensed master level clinician is required: with either degree being in behavioral health or human services preferred (psychology, social work, marriage and family therapy, counseling).
- Computer literacy and demonstrated proficiency is required in order to navigate through internal/external computer systems, and MS Office Suite applications, including Word and Excel. Strong keyboard and mouse skills required.
- HIDALGO SERVICE AREA: Cameron, Duval, Hidalgo, Jim Hogg, Maverick, McMullen, Start, Webb, Willacy and Zapata counties.
- Use of personal vehicle when traveling in the field, must have active and valid TX driver's license, reliable transportation and vehicle insurance.
- Working environment with productivity and quality expectations
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and effectively adapt to a fast changing environment
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna, a CVS Health Company.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.