TX STAR+PLUS Service Coordination SupervisorPrimary Location: McAllen, TX
Additional Locations: TX-McAllen Apply
68118Fundamental Components: Oversees the implementation of healthcare management services for assigned functional area Implements clinical policies & procedures in accordance with applicable regulatory and accreditation standards (e.g. NCQA, URAC, state and federal standards and mandates as applicable) Serve as a content model expert and mentor to the team regarding practice standards, quality of interventions, problem resolution and critical thinking Ensure implementation and monitoring of best practice approaches and innovations to better address the member's needs across the continuum of care May act as a liaison with other key business areas. May develop/assist in development and/review new training content May collaborate/deliver inter and intra-departmental training sessions Protects the confidentiality of member information and adheres to company policies regarding confidentiality Manages resources responsible for identification of members, development and implementation of care plans, enhancement of medical appropriateness and quality of care and monitoring, evaluating and documenting of care Develop, initiate, monitor and communicate performance expectations Ensures the team's understanding and use of information system capability and functionality May have responsibility for their own case load work May act as a single point of contact for the customer and the Account Team including: participation in customer meetings, implementation and oversight of customer cultural requirements, and support implementation of new customers. Participate in the recruitment and hiring process for staff using clearly defined requirements in terms of education, experience, technical and performance skills Assesses developmental needs and collaborates with others to identify and implement action plans that support the development of high performing teams Establish an environment and work style that promotes the concept of teamwork, cross product integration, and continuum of care thinking that results in strong performance Consistently demonstrates the ability to serve as an model change agent and lead change efforts Create a positive work environment by acknowledging team contributions, soliciting input, and offering personal assistance, when needed Accountable for maintaining compliance with policies and procedures and implements them at the employee level Background Experience:
- 3+ years in clinical area of expertise (Required)
- 1+ years case management and/or health plan experience (Required)
- Registered Nurse (BSN preferred) or Master's degree in behavioral health field AND active unrestricted State Licensure in applicable functional area. (eg RN, LPC, LMSW LCSW) (Required)
- Previous supervisory or leadership experience (Preferred)
- Computer literacy and demonstrated proficiency is required in order to navigate through internal/external computer systems, and MS Office Suite applications, including Word and Excel. (Preferred)
- Ability to work with people in such a manner as to build high morale and group commitment to goals and objectives.(Preferred)
- Ability to evaluate and interpret data, identify areas of improvement, and focus on interventions to improve outcomes. (Preferred)
- Ability to communicate effectively with Providers, Members, Staff and other Leaders both in oral and written formats (e.g., may provide support to the sales staff & network staff via onsite customer visits and/or presentations) (Preferred)
- HIDALGO SERVICE AREA: Cameron, Duval, Hidalgo, Jim Hogg, Maverick, McMullen, Start, Webb, Willacy and Zapata counties.
- Use of personal vehicle when traveling in the field, must have active and valid TX driver's license, reliable transportation and vehicle insurance.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna, a CVS Health Company.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.