Clinical Pharmacy AdvisorPrimary Location: Louisville, KY
Additional Locations: KY-Louisville Apply
Onsite role in Louisville, KY and some travel to the surrounding area.
Schedule is standard business hours Monday-Friday.
65236Fundamental Components: • Collaborate with health plan associates (including pharmacy director, care managers, medical directors, provider relations, quality management, and others as necessary) to identify high priority member and provider populations in order to perform clinical pharmacy interventions and improve member outcomes
• Review and evaluate pharmacy and medical claims data with plan associates to identify members and prescribers requiring clinical pharmacy interventions
• Assist in the development of member and provider facing tools, resources, and educational outreach material
• Perform targeted Academic Detailing interventions with external providers to encourage the appropriate prescribing of medications
• Serve as the health plan PMMP brand ambassador to drive engagement and utilization of the available programs
• Independently complete accurate and comprehensive medication reviews and perform the corresponding member, care manager, and provider outreach as necessary
• Serve as the medication expert for health plan clinical care activities Background Experience: In-depth knowledge and experience in managed care / managed pharmacy / competitive environment.
3 years clinical pharmacy experience or equivalent is required.
Understanding HEDIS and other quality programs and processes is preferred
Local travel is required
Current unrestricted Pharmacist state of Kentucky active license required
Technology Experience: Desktop Tool - Microsoft Outlook, Desktop Tool - Microsoft Word, Desktop Tool - TE Microsoft Excel Education: Pharmacy - Registered Pharmacist Potential Telework Position: Yes Percent of Travel Required: 10 - 25% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.