vHealth Business Programme Director, LondonPrimary Location: London, United Kingdom
Additional Locations: GT LON-London Apply
- vHealth is the business segment that is responsible for Virtual Care – a standalone Telemedicine service that we are deploying in certain international markets
- We are looking for a business leader, with a background in Tech/Startup environment, who also has strong project management track record, and who can take ownership for the scale up of this business segment
- The vHealth Business Director will be responsible for all aspects of planning, implementing and deploying the vHealth business internationally.
- The postholder will report directly into the VP for Population Health. Reporting to the role are the Product Manager (for digital assets); the vHealth vendor manager (for our third-party suppliers); and the Proposition & Partnership manager (for standalone business and new vHealth products)
- The post will be based in London and will attract a salary commensurate with profile
Fundamental Components & Physical Requirements:
- Supports the business by recommending appropriate actions, strategies and/or alternatives to meet business needs.
- Has responsibility for leading/managing all aspects of a project and or program such as planning, coordination, development, implementation including the financial implications while prioritizing work, resources and time.
- Ensures the end state of the project and/or business operations meets business objective(s) and that all deliverables and due dates are met.
- Highly collaborative role, often requiring the management of relationships across the segments or multiple functional areas.
- Sets the direction of the strategic business plan and translates into vision for staff/others.
- As a business leader, influences all stake holders to support key projects/programs to ensure positive outcomes that deliver on results.
- Drives change in order to improve performance results, organization effectiveness and/or systems/quality/services (e.g., policies, processes or systems). Identifies gaps in processes or organization and challenges self and others to develop and implement solutions.
- Directs accountability for impact to SG&A - Ensures accurate prioritization of key projects/programs.
- Has ultimate accountability for project management services being delivered.
- Business aspects:
- Ability to create and develop a business case
- Manage a capital investment and development budget
- Operate a P&L for the business once deployed
- Work across a multi-disciplinary team to deliver on time results
- Bring in new developments and innovations from external sources
- Manage vendors and business partners in a variety of models
- To work with the Directors in our core geographies in establishing solutions for their clients
- Tech aspects:
- Working in Agile as part of a collaborative team on digital asset development
- Working knowledge of software application architectures and service oriented design (SOA)
- Experience with a variety of health applications, including EHRs, health IoT, Wellness and online consultation capabilities
- Familiarity with leading technology trends around telemedicine, patient engagement, patient documentation, wearables and remote patient monitoring
- Familiarity with industry best practices around data security and data privacy and ability to translate regional legal frameworks into technical requirements
- Leadership aspects:
- Able to work in a highly complex, matrix organization and know how to leverage existing capabilities and knowledge within the wider organization
- Be able to travel extensively to our core development countries and wider
- Be able to lead a distributed team, think differently, innovate, take risks, and inspire the same in others
- Be able to successfully deliver multiple parallel projects in multiple geographies
- 10 years’ experience delivering business/IT solutions
- 5 years’ experience working with and delivering Healthcare IT solutions (e. g. Insurance, Hospital, Government)
- 5 years’ IT Start-Up experience
- 5 years’ IT project management experience
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated expertise working with teams ranging from front line staff to Sr Executives.
- Proven track record managing complex projects and or programs that resulted in cost savings.
- Experience managing large budgets.
- Strong leadership and IT financial management skills including leadership of FTE and vendor teams across multiple global locations.
- Degree level or higher in Business or Technology fields
- Certification in Agile IT Project Management methodologies (e.g. SCRUM, xP) will be a valuable adjunct
Additional Information (situational competencies, skills, work location requirements, etc.)
- The ideal candidate will be a strategic and collaborative technology leader with a comprehensive understanding of the current and possible future health IT market.
- The ideal candidate has a strong entrepreneurial skill set with experience in IT Start-Up projects
- S/he will bring proven credibility and leadership in Healthcare IT technologies.
- International experience in working with health systems inside and outside the United States and/or a perspective on and appreciation for the many different health care market models prevalent outside the United States will be a valuable adjunct.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.