Sr. Actuarial Consultant (Credentialed)Primary Location: Linthicum, MD
Additional Locations: MD-Baltimore, MD-Linthicum, PA-Blue Bell Apply
64591Fundamental Components: - Planning & Forecasting- Develop market specific prospective trend, risk score changes, assess internal and external factors to produce forecasts in collaboration with finance and other business partners.
- Reserve Analysis- Review reserve recommendations and set adequate reserve levels while developing a strong understand of business drivers as well as internal and external influences.
- Rate Review Analysis- Analyze rate impact and rating factors. Assist in developing presentations to aid in health plan and business management reviews.
- Managed Care Savings- React to dynamic business environment by supporting the business in creating and evaluating actionable cost saving programs and methods.
- Pricing, Trend & Benefit Design- Partner with business owners in decision making process around pricing and trend. Analyze market trend drivers & external influences to determine action plans to mitigate trends.
- Risk Assessment- Provide analysis and communication to influence sound business decisions through adherence to established risk management principles.
- Regulatory Issues- Assure compliance with applicable regulations, laws and standards.
- Communication- Support the health plans by adhering to a customer-focused culture. Address complex business issues and understand the audience to which one is presenting. Have direct interaction with internal and external constituents. Assist in developing written communication supporting advocacy efforts.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Excel & SQL server recommended Background Experience:
- Bachelor's degree along w/4+ years experience
- Must have passed a minimum of 4+ actuarial exams and pursuing your ASA
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- Confidence in communicating to leadership, as well as to technical and non-technical audiences
- Comfortable and effective simultaneously managing multiple projects to completion
- Skillful at removing uncertainty and ambiguity through a combination of communication and data analysis
- Attention to Detail
- Desire to deliver superior customer focus
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.