Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Data Governance AdministratorPrimary Location: Lansing, Michigan
Additional Locations: MI-Lansing Apply
- Participates in or provides input to the logical data modeling process in order to ensure that business requirements are translated into a valid database design.
- Uses logical data models to create and maintain physical database designs which meet identified business needs and provide adequate safeguards for security and integrity.Working with a data modeler, leads access modeling sessions to complete physical database design requirements.
- Participates in the physical database design process.
- Ensures databases provide required functionality to meet identified business needs.Implements databases for testing and production.
- Assists in monitoring capacity and performance for test and production databases to ensure they are highly reliable, efficient, cost effective, and provide the required functionality.
- Ensures that test and production databases are properly backed up and recovered when necessary.
- Develops and maintains database backup and recovery procedures.
- Ensures test and production databases are properly maintained; databases are reorganized/resized when necessary and other DBA utilities run when appropriate.
- Ensures that appropriate database standards and practices are followed.
- Participates in database problem resolution support based on required business service levels.
- Consults with customers, application areas, and other technical and support areas on database-related topics.
- Consults with customers, systems areas, support personnel and software vendors to determine requirements and resolve technology issues.
- Monitors and reports project status to appropriate individuals.
- Identifies issues which may impact project results and brings them to the attention of the appropriate people.
- DATABASE NEWTests upgrades/new releases of database software and related products.
- Assesses impacts to customers and the database environment.
- Participates in vendor application software evaluation, installation, and proof of concept activities.
- Provides input to the process of integrating vendor application software into the Aetna infrastructure.
- Proactively reviews application explains to identify and resolve potential performance problems.
- Participates in application code walkthroughs.
- Ensures code is efficient and conforms to DBA recommended standards and best practices.
- Performs unloads and loads of database to support application testing requirements.
- Supports stress testing efforts
- Experience in data processing as well as experience in establishment of data governance processes and procedures.
- 2- or 4-year college degree or equivalent work experience.
- MIS Degree preferred
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
- Customer Service Representative Jacksonville, Florida
- Senior Software Architect- Content Customization~62463BR Burlington, Massachusetts
- Customer Service Representative Columbia, South Carolina
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.