Utilization Management Clinical ConsultantPrimary Location: Kenner, LA
Additional Locations: LA-Baton Rouge, LA-Kenner Apply
No nights, no weekends and no holidays.
Schedule is Monday-Friday 8am-5pm.
67806Fundamental Components: Fundamental components include:
• Gathers clinical information and applies the appropriate medical necessity criteria/guideline, policy, procedure and clinical judgment to render coverage determination/recommendation/discharge planning along the continuum of care
• Utilizes clinical experience and skills in a collaborative process to evaluate and facilitate appropriate healthcare services/benefits for members including urgent or emergent interventions
• Coordinates/Communicates with providers and other parties to facilitate optimal care/treatment
• Identifies members who may benefit from care management programs and facilitates referral
• Identifies opportunities to promote quality effectiveness of healthcare services and benefit utilization
Candidates should have:
• Experience and knowledge in clinical guidelines, systems and tools such as MCG, LOCUS, CASII, and ASAM
• Knowledge of provider networks and delivery
• Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and on a team
• Strong documentation skills and broad based clinical knowledge
• Behavioral health and physical health integrated care experience
• Be self-motivated and confident making clinical decisions with the ability to influence and shape clinical outcomes •
• Proficiency with computer skills which includes navigating multiple systems
• Ability to multitask, prioritize and effectively adapt to a fast-paced, changing environment
Background Experience: 3 years of behavioral health clinical practice experience required.
Managed care/utilization review experience strongly preferred.
Experience working in the Louisiana Medicaid Behavioral Health system strongly preferred.
Must be a Licensed Mental Health Professional with one of the following unrestricted LA state licenses:
(a) Medical psychologist.
(b) Licensed psychologist.
(c) Licensed clinical social worker (LCSW).
(d) Licensed professional counselor (LPC).
(e) Licensed marriage and family therapist (LMFT).
(f) Licensed addiction counselor (LAC).
(g) Licensed Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN).
(h) Licensed rehabilitation counselor (LRC).
Education: Mental Health - Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Mental Health - Licensed Professional Counselor, Mental Health - Licensed Psychologist Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna, a CVS Health Company.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.