Senior Claim Benefit SpecialistPrimary Location: Jacksonville, FL
Additional Locations: FL-Jacksonville Apply
63921Fundamental Components: - Reviews pre-specified claims or claims that exceed specialist adjudication authority or processing expertise.
- Applies medical necessity guidelines, identify discrepancies, and apply all cost containment measures to assist in the claim adjudication process.
- Handles phone and written inquiries related to requests for pre-approvals/pre-authorizations, reconsiderations, or appeals.
- Ensures all compliance requirements are satisfied and that all payments are made against company practices and procedures. Identifies and reports possible claim overpayments, underpayments and any other irregularities. Performs claim re-work calculations.
- Distributes work assignments daily to junior staff. Trains and mentors claim benefit specialists.
- Makes outbound calls to obtain required information for First claim or re-consideration.
- Trained and equipped to support call center activity if required, including general member and/or provider inquiries. Background Experience: - Experience in a production environment. Demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments competently, accurately and efficiently. 2+ years medical and hospital claim processing experience.
- Associate's degree or equivalent work experience. Additional Job Information: Understanding of medical terminology.Strong knowledge of benefit plans, policies and procedures.Oral and written communication skills.Ability to maintain accuracy and production standards.Technical skills.Analytical skills. Required Skills: General Business - Communicating for Impact, General Business - Maximizing Work Practices, Service - Handling Service Challenges Desired Skills: Service - Providing Solutions to Constituent Needs, Service - Working Across Boundaries, Technology - Leveraging Technology Functional Skills: Claim - Claim processing - Medical or Hospital - ACAS Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.