Claim Benefit SpecialistPrimary Location: Jacksonville, FL
Additional Locations: FL-Jacksonville Apply
- Analyzes and approves routine claims that cannot be auto adjudicated.Applies medical necessity guidelines, determine coverage, complete eligibility verification, identify discrepancies, and applies all cost containment measures to assist in the claim adjudication process.
- Coordinates responses for routine phone inquiries and written correspondence related to claim processing issues.
- Routes and triages complex claims to Senior Claim Benefits Specialist.
- Proofs claim or referral submission to determine, review, or apply appropriate guidelines, coding, member identification processes, provider selection processes, claim coding, including procedure, diagnosis and pre-coding requirements.
- May facilitate training when considered topic subject matter expert.In accordance with prescribed operational guidelines, manages claims on desk, route/queues, and ECHS within specified turn-around-time parameters (Electronic Correspondence Handling System-system used to process correspondence that is scanned in the system by a vendor).
- Utilizes all applicable system functions available ensuring accurate and timely claim processing service (i.e., utilizes Claim Check, reasonable and customary data, and other post-containment tools).
- Experience in a production environment.Claim processing experience.
- High School or GED equivalent.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna, a CVS Health Company.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.