Clinical Consultant-RNPrimary Location: Houston, TX
Additional Locations: TX-Houston Apply
Aetna’s Corporate Care Management is expanding our Engagement Hub services. The Engagement Hubs located in Florida, Texas and Pennsylvania, are focused on driving member engagement into Aetna’s Care Management programs, while delivering care services to members who do not need long term support but have immediate care needs.
The Clinical Consultant - RN (CC-RN) provides short-term care management supporting members through a collaborative process. The CC-RN provides health coaching, medical management support, and connects members to the resources and services, available at Aetna and in their own community, supporting the member’s comprehensive health needs while promoting quality care and cost effective outcomes.
- Responsible for short-term care management of Aetna members, to deliver comprehensive, community-based care management services focused on helping the member maximize best health outcomes
- Responsible for providing clinical consulting support to non-clinicians who serve as the first point of contact for many of our programs
- Interacts with members telephonically and eventually through technology-based interactions, including video, email, text, etc.
- Conducts individualized surveys to identify problems and interventions with corresponding measurable outcomes that drive the content of the holistic, member centered care
- Utilizes influencing and motivational interviewing skills to ensure maximum member engagement; promotes lifestyle and behavior changes to achieve optimum level of health
- Helps members actively and knowledgeably participate with providers in healthcare decision-making; helps members actively and knowledgeably participate with community-based organizations able to support in meeting health goals
- Conducts surveys for members discharged from an in-patient hospital or skilled nursing facility, supports post discharge plan of care for both members assigned within their case load and members outside of the case load but residing within their assigned area
- Demonstrates proficiency managing email in an Outlook account, and using remote communication software such as Skype and WebEx; able to demonstrate proficiency with Word, Excel, and experience documenting within an electronic health record
- Adheres to care management, privacy and confidentiality, and quality management processes in compliance with regulatory, accreditation guidelines, company policies and procedures
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.