Service Advocate (Customer Service role), Hong KongPrimary Location: Hong Kong, HKG
Additional Locations: HKG-Hong Kong Apply
The global operations team is responsible for delivering world-class service to our members, internal customers and providers. We are the face of Aetna and provide 24x7 global support, front line customer services, claims and product expertise.
We believe that a positive member experience starts with investment in our people. Our aim is to communicate with our customers on their terms, through local teams, in local languages. We want to know our customers, own our relationships with them, predict their needs and meet them proactively. We ensure our members get the healthcare they need, when they need it, with maximum value and minimum effort.
The role of Service Advocate will be responsible for increasing member satisfaction, retention of our members, and helping to grow our business in efficient, streamlined ways. This role will be a ‘virtual front door’ with the Service Advocate understanding all operations processes and our platforms in good detail so as to provide guidance on how to support customers, optimize our business, and improve operations end-to-end.
The Service Advocate works individually, and as part of the Customer Service team, for handling and supporting on member service inquiries, issues, and education via telephone, internet, email, walk-ins, and all other types of engagement with customers, and occasionally brokers. This role will be responsible for resolving enquires, issues, complaints, and requests through to completion, often times working across 1 or more Ops teams, internal teams such as Sales and/or Underwriting, and across the region(s). As a team player, a service advocate might also be called upon to assist customer care colleagues (MST) with answering calls, responding to emails, or handling escalations.
As a Service Advocate, you will use your experience and natural problem-solving skills to tackle the most complex cases and be a point of support, solutions, and escalation for other members of the Operations team.
- Providing end to end accountability for member, broker, and internal customer queries and escalations
- Answer questions and resolve issues as a ‘SPOC’ striving to provide the highest level of service and customer centricity possible.
- Proactively monitor and identify ‘repeat’ issues and areas of concern. Identify areas for business/process improvement. Take initiative to make changes to improve our way of working and fix the service experience for our customers. Document changes & improvements.
- Build trusting relationships across Operations and across the business. Take full accountability to understand our members, and internal customer needs.
- Take every opportunity to engage with customers, educate and inform, helping them to get the most out of the products and service they have with us. Leaving all customers – external and internal – with the impression that we are professional and EASY to do business with.
- Act sensitivity and discretion at all times.
- Key to this role is the ability to demonstrate professionalism at all times, presenting a positive image of both the Operations team, and Aetna International.
- Research and support on special projects/initiatives which can address service issues, improve member experience, benefit our employees, or help to grow our business.
- This role must be able to demonstrate functional expertise across multiple teams from within the Operations function. This role should be viewed as a ‘Subject Matter Expert’ (SME) by it’s colleagues and peers.
- Responsible for reporting on and meeting Operational SLAs, customer satisfaction objectives and key financial goals.
The Service Advocate will be encouraged to continuously learn and understand other responsibilities across our operations teams – leading to a broader skill set, a better member experience, and greater personal development opportunities.
As the Service Advocate, you will;
- Develop & grow your knowledge, skills and experience in a variety of Operational disciplines and processes, with at least a basic knowledge of medical terminology, and claims case management.
- Display excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and effectively adapt to a fast paced, changing environment. Must be able to make effective and independent decisions, or proactively seek for support and guidance. Skilled at keeping management and stakeholders informed as necessary.
- Demonstrate the importance of active listening, and be able to role model professional and caring behaviors
- Establish relationships with a wide range of internal and external customers across your market & APAC.
- Act proactively, take ownership of problems and be empowered to take actions to resolve our members concerns. Have the genuine desire to advocate for our customers and to make things better.
- Be resilient and adaptable. We work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities, distressed customers, and at times high volumes of work and/or time sensitive deadlines.
Responsibilities will further include;
- Explain plan benefits and relate them to the customer enquiry
- Ensuring compliance with international and regional policies, practices and procedures
- First line complaint resolution
- Always thinking about how to make Operations jobs better, faster, easier, in order to improve the experience for our members. Proactively make suggestions and take the initiative to make changes happen.
- Engaging directly with customers, brokers, and management at all levels
- Educated to university level of education or higher. Equivalent qualification and/or experience may be considered.
- Experience in an insurance and/or healthcare environment is essential.
- Demonstrable success in a customer facing role for minimum of 2 years prior.
- Fluent written and spoken English with second language being desirable.
- Must have a very strong understanding of Aetna International platforms, systems and tools.
Life experiences, travelling the world, living or working overseas, gap years, parenthood, healthy lifestyles, mentoring, volunteering – all these things help you to relate to our customers and are a plus.
You’ll need to demonstrate the following:
- A passion for providing outstanding customer experience. Excellent listening skills.
- An ability to solve complex challenges. Self-motivation with an ability to work on your own initiative.
- Effective collaboration and team working. Good influencing and negotiation skills.
- High levels of organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- The desire to make things better. And the ability to ask questions or seek clarification if you need help or are unclear.
- Eager to work in a high energy, fast-paced business, where change is a constant.
61446EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.