Director, CompliancePrimary Location: High Point, North Carolina
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford, NC-High Point, NY-New York, OH-New Albany, RI-Woonsocket Apply
- Manage team of privacy investigators located across the country to resolve escalated privacy and security complaints from customers, members, patients, clients, both federal and state regulators, and employee
helpline cases. Manage process of incident notification to clients and members as well as following contract agreements and regulation processes.
- Manage client specific processes agreed to in contracts which amounts to unforecasted workload and specialized tasks/deliverables deviating from standards for multiple large clients at an increasing rate.
- Plays an instrumental role in the review, development, and roll out of new investigation processes.
- Help the team to draft clear and comprehensive risk assessments for incidents as applicable.
- Drafting written communications that address regulatory requirements and are appropriately tailored to the audience (e.g., notices to members, regulators, and plan sponsors).
- Understanding and keeping abreast of applicable law, regulations and requirements, including
HIPAA and state or international privacy requirements as well as the current cybersecurity landscape
- Coordination with business, compliance, security and other internal stakeholders
- Coordination with external vendors, including forensics
- Interaction with regulators and law enforcement as applicable and appropriate
- A strategic focus on identifying trends and process improvements
- Supporting training and awareness activity
- Strong ability to communicate well with all levels of the organization as well as with clients and participants/patients.
- Must be comfortable with being empowered to make difficult decisions that potentially impact business project direction.
- Must have strong understanding of HIPAA and state privacy laws, specifically the Privacy and Data Breach Notification laws.
- Must be able to lead internal work teams to resolution addressing privacy issues and successful resolution
- Must be able to prioritize appropriately, and multi-task on high priority and high impact projects.
- Strong leadership abilities in leading a staff in a fast paced environment
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.