At Aetna, we’re pioneering a total approach to health and wellness, focusing on the whole person - body, mind, and spirit. Our more than 4,000 nurses are central to turning our member’s health ambitions, big and small, into achievements. Your role will include helping members stay well, manage health conditions, and access the right care at the right time. As you do this, we’ll support you in achieving more in your life and your work.
What makes a successful nurse? Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Problem Solver
- Results Driven
- Technology Savvy
- Detail Oriented
- Good Listener
- Open Minded
- Team Player
Paid Time Off & Disability
Case Manager Registered Nurse (RN)Primary Location: High Point, North Carolina
Additional Locations: NC-High Point Apply
We are looking for full-time RNs to join our team, in the role of Telephonic Case Manager. RN Case Managers will guide members telephonically in defining their health goals and taking appropriate steps to achieve their optimal state of wellness.
63646Fundamental Components: -Position is 100% office based and the position utilizes the telephone and computer almost exclusively. Typing is a necessary skill.
-The hours are Monday – Friday (no weekends).
- The office is located at 4050 Piedmont Parkway, High Point, NC. Position is within commutable distance to High Point, Greensboro, Winston-Salem and Burlington-
All activities completed telephonically with the member
-Case Manager will work with members currently in an acute illness, such as a hospitalization to facilitate discharge to the next appropriate level of care while addressing any chronic conditions.
-Alternatively, Case Managers will work with members at-risk for experiencing . Goals for this type of member focuses on ensuring our members are referred to the appropriate providers to ensure conditions are
actively being treated.
-Case Manager will assess the medical, psychosocial and social determinants of health for the member, as well as their family and caregiver.
-Working with the member, the CM will assist the member in developing appropriate and realistic health goals, including activities
-Case Managers have multiple resources to utilize to assist in meeting the goals, such as Registered Dietitians, Social Workers, Medical Directors, Pharmacists and more. Background Experience: - Must have an active and unrestricted RN license
- Minimum of 2 years of clinical experience as an RN
- All clinical experience will be considered, such as Emergency Department, Home Health, Hospice, Operating Room, ICU, NICU, Telemetry, Medical / Surgical, Orthopedics, Long Term Care and Infusion nursing.
- Strong telephonic communication skills
- Multiple State RN licensure is preferred, but not required. Chosen must be able to obtain multiple state RN licensure after hire (expenses paid for by company). Additional Job Information: Typical office working environment with productivity and quality expectationsWork requires the ability to perform close inspection of hand written and computer generated documents as well as a PC monitor.Sedentary work involving periods of sitting, talking, listening. Work requires sitting for extended periods, talking on the telephone and typing on the computer.Ability to multitask, prioritize and effectively adapt to a fast paced changing environmentPosition requires proficiency with computer skills which includes navigating multiple systems and keyboardingEffective communication skills, both verbal and written. Education: Nursing - Registered Nurse (RN) Potential Telework Position: Yes Percent of Travel Required: N/A EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Health hero Q&A
This Aetna nurse helps new moms overcome opioids.
2018 Most Admired
Aetna named one of Fortune's most admired companies
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.