At Aetna, we’re pioneering a total approach to health and wellness, focusing on the whole person - body, mind, and spirit. Our more than 4,000 nurses are central to turning our member’s health ambitions, big and small, into achievements. Your role will include helping members stay well, manage health conditions, and access the right care at the right time. As you do this, we’ll support you in achieving more in your life and your work.
What makes a successful nurse? Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Problem Solver
- Results Driven
- Technology Savvy
- Detail Oriented
- Good Listener
- Open Minded
- Team Player
Paid Time Off & Disability
A1A Precertification Case Manager (RN) - $5,000 Sign-On BonusPrimary Location: High Point, North Carolina
Additional Locations: NC-High Point Apply
The required hours are Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm EST with occasional evening shift rotation until 8pm.
New hires are eligible for a one-time sign-on bonus of $5,000.
A1A (Aetna One Advocate) is a fully integrated population health and customer service solution for large plan sponsors. Our embedded and customer-dedicated service, clinical, and rising risk pods allow maximization of inbound and outbound touchpoints to solve members’ needs and create behavior change. Our white-glove service and end-to-end ownership of member support creates a trusted partner in health. We are the premiere service and clinical offering for Aetna nation-wide and create industry-leading solutions for our customers and members.
The Clinical Services Advocate is part of a dedicated team of clinical and service professionals empowered to take care of all aspects of a member’s health. Clinical Services Advocates are responsible for providing personalized, end to end member support including coordination of health care services, decision support, benefits support, complex case management and chronic condition management. Clinical Service Advocates serve as a single point of contact to help the provider, member and family maximize benefits and easily navigate the health care system. The Clinical Advocate provides the member and provider community with a powerful and proactive experience through high touch, personalized communications designed to help the member achieve their health ambition in collaboration with the provider.
65575Fundamental Components: - Facilitate the ongoing coordination and delivery of health care services to enhance a member’s health, wellness and achieve quality outcomes.
- Effectively engage members using omni-channel communication mechanisms (phone,email, chat, text, IM).
- Develop a personalized plan with member based on their health ambition and communication preferences.
- Serve as single point of contact for the member and enrolled family.
- Assist with effective use of health care benefits, access to available programs/services and determining next best actions to achieve health ambitions.
- Conduct proactive outreach to at risk members and leverage available data to identify actionable health needs.
- Holistically assess member’s needs and collaborate with treating providers, vendor partners and other Advocate team members to formulate care plans and coordinate services.
- Develop personalized, creative solutions to help member’s meet their health care needs.
- Assist members to prioritize health goals to achieve positive outcomes and health ambitions.
- Build strong, trusting relationships by fully understanding the member’s needs and goals Background Experience:
Health hero Q&A
This Aetna nurse helps new moms overcome opioids.
2018 Most Admired
Aetna named one of Fortune's most admired companies
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.