Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Web EngineerPrimary Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
- Software Installs and Infrastructure support
- Performs web infrastructure software installs and upgrades.
- Includes customizing, maintaining and/or developing code to support operations and adheres to Aetna’s Change Management and Code Asset Management policies
- Builds web infrastructure environments for development, integration, QA, Stress and production web application server environments, including WebSphere and Microsoft IIS to support application deployment
- Assists and conducts configuration & testing/certification of web infrastructure products, customer support and upgrades.
- Creates necessary web documentation for install and testing processes
- Provide input for Standards for internet and intranet web infrastructure solutions and methodologies
- Monitor overall capacity / performance of application and web server environment and perform necessary diagnostic and tuning for j2ee compliant application servers as well as Microsoft IIS servers.
- Tune web infrastructure components (jvm attributes) for optimal performance for both system and application goals
- Monitors product usage to insure efficiency, reliability and adherence to license agreements
- Input, planning and support for disaster recovery for the web infrastructure tier
- Participates in development of operational tool sets and definition of methodologies
- Contributes to establishing usage guidelines and standards for technology exploitation and cost effectiveness
- Provide Netegrity Siteminder software product support for webserver plugins and siteminder administration for SSL and NonSSl internet and intranet applications
- Application and Customer Support
- Support stress testing and monitoring of applications deployed in the web infrastructure.
- Consult as necessary to assist in identifying performance and behavior issues with web applications and their impact to the application server behavior
- Work closely with IT application developer and architects on application system design and user interface needs and objectives.
- Participates in all phases of development and implementation.
- Provides support on product specific technical questions and reviews of business requirements
- Participate in small to large complex project initiatives with peer AIS and business partners within Web technology space and provide guidance and recommendations on solutions Software Troubleshooting / Vendor Support
- Diagnose, isolate and debug software problems and performs problem resolution.
- Work with software vendors to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve software issues within products.
- Capture necessary diagnostic information (i.e. traces, dumps) to provide to vendor
- Provides 7x24 technical support for web infrastructure tier, including both software product and application issues.
- Utilizes all of the available diagnostic tools including interacting with the user, the vendor and other technical areas.
- Participates in developing and implementing the appropriate corrective action.
- Escalates to technical lead and/or department management as outlined in unit guidelines Technology planning
- Evaluate vendor software packages in lab environment and provide technical recommendations on Aetna integration and implementation.
- Assist in translating business requirements to achievable technical goals and product requirements
- Participates in the development of tactical and long-term strategies for web infrastructure hardware/software solutions taking into consideration performance, reliability, functionality, scalability and cost.
- Provides input to technology strategies in support of business requirements
Covering on call 4 times a year
Helping troubleshoot issues that may arise with the infrastructure and aiding applications with the same
Learn new technologies - containers/cloud and helping to support new infrastructure platforms. Required Skills: Leadership - Collaborating for Results, Technology - Leveraging Technology, Technology - Promoting Emerging Technology Desired Skills: Leadership - Developing and Executing Strategy, Technology - Developing Competitive Technology and Architecture, Technology - Developing Software Solutions Functional Skills: Information Technology - Infrastructure management Technology Experience: Middleware - Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS), Operating System - .NET Framework, Operating System - Windows Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
- Network Manager/Contract Negotiator Portland, Maine, Burlington, Massachusetts, North Dartmouth, Massachusetts, Waltham, Massachusetts, Bedford, New Hampshire, Concord, New Hampshire, Stratham, New Hampshire
- General Mental Health/Substance Use Services Coordinator Phoenix, Arizona
- Sr. Sales Executive Falls Church, Virginia, Washington D.C., District of Columbia, Linthicum, Maryland
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.