Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Web EngineerPrimary Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
- Performs web infrastructure software installs and upgrades. Includes customizing, maintaining and/or developing code to support operations and adheres to Aetna’s Change Management and Code Asset Management policies.
- Builds web infrastructure environments for development, integration, QA, Stress for Microsoft IIS to support application deployment.
- Assists and conducts configuration & testing/certification of web infrastructure products, customer support and upgrades.
- Creates necessary web documentation for install and testing processes.
- Provide input for Standards for internet and intranet web infrastructure solutions and methodologies.
- Monitor overall capacity / performance of application and web server environment and perform necessary diagnostic and tuning for Microsoft IIS servers.
- Tune web infrastructure components for optimal performance for both system and application goals.
- Monitors product usage to insure efficiency, reliability and adherence to license agreements.
- Input, planning and support for disaster recovery for the web infrastructure tier.
- Participates in development of operational tool sets and definition of methodologies.
- Contributes to establishing usage guidelines and standards for technology exploitation and cost effectiveness.
- Provide Siteminder software product support for siteminder administration for SSL - internet and intranet applications.
- Research and develops products tactical plan and participates in strategic planning to meet customer business requirements.
- Actively participates in development of product standards and usage guidelines at Aetna.
- Support stress testing and monitoring of applications deployed in the web infrastructure.
- Consult as necessary to assist in identifying performance and behavior issues with web applications and their impact to the application server behavior.
- Work closely with IT application developer and architects on application system design and user interface needs and objectives.
- Participates in all phases of development and implementation.
- Provides support on product specific technical questions and reviews of business requirements.
- Participate in small to large complex project initiatives with peer infrastructure and business partners within Web technology space and provide guidance and recommendations on solutions.
- Diagnose, isolate and debug software problems and performs problem resolution.
- Work with software vendors to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve software issues within products.
- Capture necessary diagnostic information (i.e. traces, dumps) to provide to vendor.
- Provides 7x24 technical support for web infrastructure tier, including both software product and application issues.
- Utilizes all of the available diagnostic tools including interacting with the user, the vendor and other technical areas.
- Participates in developing and implementing the appropriate corrective action.
- Escalates to technical lead and/or department management as outlined in unit guidelines.
- Evaluate vendor software packages in lab environment and provide technical recommendations on Aetna integration and implementation.
- Assist in translating business requirements to achievable technical goals and product requirements.
- Participates in the development of tactical and long-term strategies for web infrastructure hardware/software solutions taking into consideration performance, reliability, functionality, scalability and cost.
- Provides input to technology strategies in support of business requirements.
- Provide analysis and research on web product space, including recommendations for future technology decisions.
- Work closely with existing software vendors and provide input on product enhancements and features as well as managing the vendor release activity for upgrades and maintenance adhering to Aetna’s software currency schedule
- Experience with administration of IIS and background in .Net coding is a plus.
- Advanced background in web security - specifically for IIS.
- Powershell or other scripting experience would be a great addition.
- Windows OS knowledge is another optional skillset.
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.