Technical ConsultantPrimary Location: Hartford, CT
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
- Supports one or more processes related to the use of applicable tools that deliver business system solutions.
- Contributes to activities such as analysis, planning, design, development, testing, installation and maintenance of support systems and workflows for business areas.
- Creates complex queries, does technical report/programming.
- Provides workgroup support to projects.
- Supports implementation and rollout of vendor/customer products. Creates vendor/customer specifications.
- Analyzes data for trends and translates data into meaningful information.
- Provides analysis of business implications and applies problem solving skills to meet business needs.
- Uses consistent definitions and methodologies.
- Creatively translates information using business knowledge and identify additional information needed to support analytical objectives.
- Interacts with internal/external customers to define/develop information products.
- Assists in training customers on use of data and data applications.
- Understand nuances of data, checks for reasonability and works to improve data quality.
- Assists in the development of presentation to market information capabilities/recommendation.
- May participate in the presentation of information to customer and internal business areas.
- Actively works with designated Subject Matter Experts to create or update "generalized" proposal / survey responses.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- SQL programming skills
- Preferred programming languages a plus (C#, asp, Java, VB.Net, HTML)
- Advanced Excel skills (complex formulas, pivots, dynamic visualizations, VBA)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Basic understanding of Salesforce would be a plus
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.