Strategic Marketing DirectorPrimary Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
· Leads the development of marketing strategies for portions of Aetna’s care management and well-being offerings, including clinical transformation work with CVS, to impact and influence our customers’ attitudes,behaviors, and choices to meet and exceed budgeted impact and business goals. Much of this work includes new medical cost savings initiatives with CVSHealth.
·Collaborates with marketing disciplines to design and develop integrated marketing and communications plans to drive the business with measurable and attributable impact from marketing efforts
·Leads development of appropriate, segmented value story assets for Sales Support to then customize for their accounts.
·Develops both short- and long-term plans to drive the business and shapes line of business brand strategy in line with Aetna brand.
·Unlocks ever-smarter, more targeted and impactful Marketing, using data, technology,and new media solutions in marketing plans
·Leverages data and insights to drive strategic and tactical marketing decisions and optimizations, and demonstrates accountability to business impact
·Proactively builds and maintains relationships with key stakeholders and executives,encouraging collaboration, connecting ideas and consulting on marketing opportunities.
·Leads the team to ensure cross-functional collaboration and coordination in achieving agreed-upon priorities
61318Fundamental Components: - Develops and owns the complex Marketing strategy that identifies longer term opportunities to provide competitive advantage for one or more lines of business.
- Acts as a strategic advisor and uses expert level marketing skills to contribute to the development of strategic company objectives.
- Executes integrated campaigns that deepen market presence and drive results.
- Develops a holistic view of target consumer segments & the member journey to influence the customization campaigns as relevant.
- Manages the activation of marketing programs with in-house agency and/or external agencies, through the close partnerships needed to succeed in a highly-matrixed organization.
- Provides thought leadership and direction for marketing solutions.
- Makes data driven recommendations that influence the strategy of the organization.
- Anticipates and solves strategic and high-risk business problems with broad impact on the business area by applying leading-edge theories and techniques to recommend solutions.
- Drives results by shaping content & strategy according to experience with direct to consumer (DTC), business to business (BTB) or business to business to consumer (B2B2C) best practices in both digital and traditional channels.
- Creates frames of reference to evaluate relative attractiveness and risks of marketing opportunities and threats.
- Provides analyses and/or recommendations regarding Health marketing priorities and resource allocations to geographic markets, market segments, products, or programs.
- Develops alternative courses of action and recommends strategic direction of Marketing and business. Background Experience:
·10-15 years of business experience
· 5 or more years’ experience leading a team either directly or cross functionally
· Experience working in highly matrixed organization
· Experience working in a large corporate environment in marketing health care or other highly regulated industry preferred
Additional Job Information: The world of health care in changing rapidly. In this role, you can be a part of those transformation efforts, working with our care management offerings for today and tomorrow. Required Skills: General Business - Consulting for Solutions, Leadership - Developing and Executing Strategy, Leadership - Driving Change Desired Skills: General Business - Managing Sales Relationships, Leadership - Anticipating and Innovating, Leadership - Collaborating for Results Functional Skills: Marketing - Communications, Marketing - Product development, Marketing - Strategy development Technology Experience: Desktop Tool - Microsoft PowerPoint, Desktop Tool - Microsoft Word, Desktop Tool - TE Microsoft Excel Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.