Strategic Cost Analysis ConsultantPrimary Location: Hartford, CT
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
Support Aetna's ability to achieve its financial and strategic goals through effective support of financial closing, planning and forecasting processes. Such activities drive the quality and integrity of P&L/cost center owner level reporting, membership and/or expense forecasts, product reporting and balance sheet reporting. Direction is to provide financial analysis and recommendations in support of management's evaluation of strategic and business initiatives.
65657Fundamental Components: Finance position performing assignments requiring advanced analytical and technical skills. May lead special projects and ad hoc reporting requests as needed. Supports development of enterprise wide strategic cost analysis with an emphasis on activity-based costing with the goal of understanding of cost drivers and how they are distributed across the service and value channel. Cost accounting background is encouraged, and strong technical skills are required.
- Supports development of enterprise wide strategic cost analysis with an emphasis on activity-based costing with the goal of understanding of cost drivers and how they are distributed across the service and value channel
- Provides analytical and technical support for development of models for strategic cost analysis and reporting functions
- Supports engagement of business owners and finance leads to identify data sources, activity pools and costs associated with those activity pools
- Participates in discussions related to data and system requirements and development of activity-based costing model with the goal of driving identification of business cost containment, cost saving and cost avoidance solutions
- Effectively communicates with peers, other teams and senior management regarding analysis of data and findings
- Provides support for the overall and day-to-day program management and management of business and stakeholder meetings
- Lead and perform market research and data gathering from various industry, government and trade resources.
- 2-4 years finance related experience generally required, healthcare finance a plus
- Demonstrated strong analytical/statistical analysis and problem-solving skills
- Strong proficiency in working with MS Office Applications (Word/Excel/PPT), SharePoint
- Ability to work with large data sets from multiple data sources
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate to senior management in written and verbal form
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.