Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Storage Engineering AdvisorPrimary Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
Job Group Summary
Our IT professionals create best-in-class solutions that integrate technology, information and business processes. They keep applications, systems, networks and processes up and running so employees, members, providers and plan sponsors stay connected with needed tools and information.
To provide infrastructure engineering services in support of Aetna’s business and financial objectives through the secure and recoverable delivery of high quality, low cost, responsive computing services.
Evaluates, recommends and delivers innovative infrastructure engineering solutions for large scale and midrange technologies (hardware/software) that enables Aetna’s computing environments to meet service level agreements while positioning to be responsive to changing business requirements. Plays a key role in strategic planning to meet customer business requirements. Demonstrates superior knowledge of the core technical components of the infrastructure and understands the end-to-end technology components.
- Supports the organization’s goal to be the preferred provider of Infrastructure Services by developing and implementing unit operating plans that drive sustainable growth to expand into new markets, focusing on increased efficiency and cost containment through optimized workload deployment, standardization, process simplification, asset utilization and converged systems. Maintain rigorous adherence to operational best practice, problem, change and platform performance, scalability and reliability.
- Liaise with Platform Engineering teams to coordinate asset management activities with Engineering initiatives. Ensure assets are procured, replaced, upgraded, or evaluated in time to meet capacity needs and project requirements. Focus is primarily in the storage arena, although assignments can include other technology towers. Maintain technical fluency well enough to challenge engineers on resource needs so that we acquire only what is truly needed.
- Create estimates for engineering initiatives, often comparing financials between more than one option. Work with engineers to understand initiative requirements and timelines work with vendors to understand roadmaps and pricing models, and create a financial picture over time for management presentation
- Grow Product Knowledge, and serve as peer mentor by way of: working with the engineering teams, industry publications, project initiatives, publications, etc to stay current on technology roadmaps and company direction. Mentor peers within the unit for purposes of skill development and also to facilitate coverage during staff absences. Stay current on technology changes well enough to negotiate business terms with vendors during acquisitions.
- Communicates all aspects of changes to customer user groups and all internal or external technical support teams, using impact statements, technical documentation, usage documentation and oral presentations.
- Participates in strategic planning to meet customer business requirements.
- Utilizes time management skills in support of assignments. Meets completion targets for projects and assigned tasks.
- Establishes annual career and educational goals.
- Serves as an infrastructure technology subject matter expert across engineering disciplines.
- Minimum of 15+ year’s background with diverse exposure to infrastructure technology.
- Ability to translate business requirements to influence product acquisition processes.
- Demonstrates broad knowledge of multiple infrastructure disciplines.
- Ability to grasp and present technology concepts and apply them to demonstrate a benefit to the organization.
Required Skills: Finance - Managing Aetnas Assets, Leadership - Collaborating for Results, Technology - Selecting and Applying Technology Solutions Desired Skills: Leadership - Driving Change, Leadership - Engaging and Developing People, Technology - Creating Technology Partnerships Functional Skills: Information Technology - Computer operations, Information Technology - Infrastructure management, Information Technology - Project management, Information Technology - Vendor management Technology Experience: Computer Operation - Storage Management, Hardware - EMC DISK, Hardware - Hitachi Skyline, Hardware - IBM Tape Drive Potential Telework Position: Yes Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna, a CVS Health Company’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
- Analyst Chicago, Illinois
- Utilization Management Nurse Consultant King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, Bristol, Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia, Richmond, Virginia, Roanoke, Virginia, Chantilly, Virginia, Washington D.C., District of Columbia, Hagerstown, Maryland, Rockville, Maryland, Cincinnati, Ohio, Richfield, Ohio, New Albany, Ohio, Allentown, Pennsylvania, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- Recruiter Burlington, Massachusetts, Hartford, Connecticut
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.