Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Sr. Network Engineer - 66608BRPrimary Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
- Sets standards for overall design, implementation and enhancement of the voice, data, LAN and video environments.
- Utilizes knowledge of industry trends and business needs to influence and customize designs.
- Manages and works with vendors and provides in depth consulting to IT Management and staff at the highest technical level in the identification, evaluation, implementation, integration and testing of new microcomputer systems and software products.
- Analyzes existing product software and recommends modifications which will enhance operating capacity and meet business requirements.
- Provides guidance and assistance to less experienced staff in the installation and testing of new operating system releases and in fine tuning of existing systems software.
- Keeps abreast of new hardware and software developments, evaluates alternative approaches and recommends new software or modifications which enhance operations and development activities.
- Consults with IT staff and clients to determine the impact of new or revised applications on existing software.
- Identifies opportunities and makes recommendations to improve availability, reliability, efficiency, performance and overall service within the distributed computing environment.
- Provides similar feedback to vendors on product improvements.
- Focal point for communication of release management controls, and for changes, updates, information on overall design and implementation of Distributed environment for Management across company.
- Utilizes In-depth knowledge of debugging tools to resolve problems for mission critical products.
- Resolves inter-product dependencies, prioritizes and coordinates problem resolutions across organizations.
- Serves as point of escalation for less experienced staff. Determines need for vendor assistance in problem resolution.
- Mentors less experienced team members by instructing, assisting, directing, responding to questions and serving as an escalation point for problem resolution.
- Provides team leader functions for projects (system upgrades, changes)
- Provides clear documentation of technical solutions and communicates plans to management and customers.
- Leads/manages major infrastructure initiatives that have company-wide visibility and impact.
- Has firm understanding of the financial and business impact of infrastructure and engineering solutions.
- Identifies opportunities across multiple technologies, engineering and operational disciplines for cost savings, and enhanced customer service for IT consumers as well as business consumers.
- Designs plans according to business strategic operating plans.
- Leads groups of multi-disciplined engineers and operational specialist on technical designs, technology implementations or upgrades and process improvements.
- Proactively offers solutions that enable the Enterprise to improve its state with respect to security, performance, functionality, and, availability.
- Requires minimal direction, works well independently, is an informal leader, is a source or wealth of information for others and provides technical guidance for other team members.
- Helps elevate the performance of others on his/her immediate, and surrounding teams.
- Communicates technical issues effectively both written and verbally to IT senior management and makes technology and personnel recommendations from a total cost perspective (hardware, software, maintenance, and labor both internal and external.
- Performs related duties as required or assigned.
- Cloud Networking experience in design and Automation
Required Skills: Technology - Leveraging Technology, Technology - Promoting Emerging Technology, Technology - Selecting and Applying Technology Solutions Desired Skills: Technology - Creating Technology Partnerships, Technology - Developing Competitive Technology and Architecture, Technology - Justifying the Business Case Functional Skills: Information Technology - Network services, Information Technology - Security Technology Experience: Network - Cisco Content Server Switch, Network - Cisco Switch, Network - Ethernet, Network - Routing / Routers Potential Telework Position: Yes Percent of Travel Required: 10 - 25% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna, a CVS Health Company’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
- Data Scientist Wellesley, Massachusetts
- Senior Director, Digital Product Management / Marketing Technology Wellesley, Massachusetts
- Hadoop Engineer Dallas, Texas, Hartford, Connecticut
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.