Sr. Informatics Lead Tableau SpecialistPrimary Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford, IL-Downers Grove, PA-Allentown, PA-Blue Bell, PA-Cranberry, PA-Moon township, PA-Pittsburgh Apply
Aetna's Medicare Stars Data Intelligence Team is growing, and this is an exciting time to join us as our Sr. Informatics Lead Tableau Specialist. This position will be responsible for leading, managing, architecting and delivering Tableau reporting and portals for our Medicare Informatics team.
- Lead and execute the successful strategy for delivery of analyses and analytic solutions to meet business needs for Aetna's Medicare business partners.
- Lead strategy and interacts directly with key high-level stakeholders, end-users and colleagues to design and develop dashboards in Tableau.
- Apply advanced technical, analytical and consultative skills utilizing an extensive knowledge of healthcare data, Tableau and information systems to develop and deliver reporting components that satisfy business needs within defined SLAs.
The Fundamental Components of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Extensive knowledge of data visualization techniques and visual design concepts using Tableau
- Leads the design and development of user friendly dashboards using complex health care datasets from different Medicare data sources
- Creates high performance Tableau reports that address strategic and tactical business needs
- Leads the development of reusable templates, make recommendations for connected dashboards and self-service reporting for business partners
- Evaluates dashboard performance periodically and improve dashboard load/refresh times
- Leads Cross function/segment group facilitation/presentation to increase awareness and promote adoption of Tableau dashboards
- Proactively builds and maintains internal and external relationships across all lines of business as the primary point of contact for all key stakeholders
- Leads and presents outcomes/results of statistical models on intuitive dashboards
- Mentors internal development team and promotes opportunities
- Implements best practices to ensure dashboard design consistency across all dashboards for best user experience
- Very good understanding of relational data structures and skilled in writing complex data analysis queries
Other desired skills include:
- Tableau Geo-coding, Statistical and Forecasting features
- Excellent in using Level of Detail (LOD) and table calculations
- Skilled in using histograms, Bins, box plot and whisker plots
- 10 or more years of healthcare, health insurance, or relevant combination of experience
- Experience with Tableau: Designing and Developing Dashboards using Tableau Desktop for various organizational metrics and indicators using best practices and industry standards
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and negotiate across the business and in the external health care environment.
- Strong reporting skills using Excel, Access, Word and/or PowerPoint.
- Contributes and creates a motivated work environment within the team
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Technology/Developing Competitive Technology and Architecture/FOUNDATION
Technology/Promoting Emerging Technology/FOUNDATION
Leadership/Driving a Culture of Compliance/FOUNDATION
Leadership/Fostering a Global Perspective/FOUNDATION
Potential for Full-Time Telework (WAH) will be evaluated based on the candidate and location.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
The Medicare Stars Data Intelligence team presents a fast paced and agile work environment with a focus on delivering the best outcomes for the Medicare business and our Medicare members. We work in a cross functional collaborative manor that will provide many opportunities to grow and flex your Medicare knowledge and acumen.
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidates's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.