Sr Director, Communications Govt Services & Business FunctionsPrimary Location: Hartford, CT
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
Your ability to partner with senior executives and colleagues across both the CVS Health Enterprise and the Aetna Business Unit to ensure alignment of strategies is critical to success in this position. You will utilize your experience with critical thinking across multiple disciplines to provide guidance and ensure strong execution of plans.
You will be a senior leader in the Aetna communications organization, contributing to the efficient and professional operation of the team.
This position can be located in Hartford CT or New York, NY.
71472Fundamental Components: PRIMARY ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Serve as a trusted, strategic communications advisor to the Aetna Chief Operating Officer and his leadership team, including the Presidents of the Medicare and Medicaid businesses.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the company’s Enterprise and business area growth strategy to create communications solutions that help deliver business success.
- Create an integrated communications strategy that inspires and informs internal and external stakeholders and is aligned with the Enterprise communications strategy.
- Develop and oversee a communications strategy for the organization that promotes, protects, and supports the broader Aetna brand.
- Drive the execution of aligned business area communications plans from concept and planning stages to evaluation, ensuring timely completion of deliverables while demonstrating the ability to adjust plans as needed.
- Proactively and consistently makes connections and share new ideas that link to the larger Enterprise strategy and contributes to the organization’s success.
- Successfully work across the company’s functions, segments and markets to accomplish goals.
- Anticipate challenges and demonstrate the ability to create an issues management and crisis communications strategy for the organization.
- Develop communication strategies using cross-industry best practices, innovative ideas and audience insight.
- Ensure all communications are error-free, accurate and appropriately approved.
- Ability to meet deadlines and maintain confidentiality. Strong performance accountability orientation, both in terms of following through on commitments and deadlines
- Strategic and analytical thinker, with superior problem-solving skills and the ability to support tactical execution without losing site of the overall strategy
- Excellent time management, planning and organizational skills. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities
- Strong influencing and collaboration skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively with internal and external parties
- High degree of professionalism and executive presence required to interface with executives on a regular basis and partner with business owners
- An interest and ability to effectively deliver in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Willingness to travel, as needed, and in support of business needs
Background Experience: REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
- 12+ years of experience in increasingly responsible communications leadership roles, including experience with internal and external communications.
- Experience in healthcare, insurance and/or consulting preferred.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Additional Job Information: This position can be based in New York, NY or Hartford, CT. Other locations will be considered for exemplary talent. Clinical Licensure: N/A Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 10 - 25% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna, a CVS Health Company.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.