Sr Data EngineerPrimary Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
Leads and participates in the design, built and management of large scale data structures and pipelines and efficient Extract/Load/Transform (ETL) workflows.
- Develops large scale data structures and pipelines to organize, collect and standardize data that helps generate insights and addresses reporting needs.
- Writes ETL (Extract / Transform / Load) processes, designs database systems and develops tools for real-time and offline analytic processing.
- Collaborates with data science team to transform data and integrate algorithms and models into automated processes.
- Uses knowledge in Hadoop architecture, HDFS commands and experience designing & optimizing queries to build data pipelines.
- Uses strong programming skills in Python, Java or any of the major languages to build robust data pipelines and dynamic systems.
- Builds data marts and data models to support Data Science and other internal customers.
- Integrates data from a variety of sources, assuring that they adhere to data quality and accessibility standards.
- Analyzes current information technology environments to identify and assess critical capabilities and recommend solutions.
- Experiments with available tools and advises on new tools in order to determine optimal solution given the requirements dictated by the model/use case.
- 5 or more years of progressively complex related experience.
- Has strong knowledge of large scale search applications and building high volume data pipelines.
- Experience building data transformation and processing solutions.
- Knowledge in Hadoop architecture, HDFS commands and experience designing & optimizing queries against data in the HDFS environment.
- Knowledge in Java, Python, Hive, Cassandra, Pig, MySQL or NoSQL or similar.
- Experience with bash shell scripts, UNIX utilities & UNIX Commands.
- Ability to understand complex systems and solve challenging analytical problems.
- Ability to leverage multiple tools and programming languages to analyze and manipulate data sets from disparate data sources.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills within and across teams.
- Strong problem solving skills and critical thinking ability.
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidates's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.