Sr. Actuarial ConsultantPrimary Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
This position in the Service Pricing Team will maintain and enhance Aetna’s self-insured pricing tools, support implementation of new program and product pricing initiatives and field questions from underwriters across the organization. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with other members of the Service Pricing team as well as the Underwriting an Actuarial teams from Commercial Business Segments.
60668Fundamental Components: The individual in this position will need strong technical and organizational skills and will have the opportunity to leverage technology to improve existing processes. The primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Respond to program, expense and revenue inquiries from Underwriting, Finance and Product areas using locally maintained pricing tools/reports.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Excel and Access
- Develop/enhance reports/tools
- Test enhancements to the self-insured pricing model
-Create and maintain accurate documentation for tools and processes
- Share responsibility for monitoring the Service Pricing Help Desk with other team members
- Provide timely support for new products roll-outs
- Provide on-going pricing support for some products
- Promote and maintain positive constituent relationships.
- Provide support for special projects
Background Experience: 3+ years of prior work experience. Prior work experience in Underwriting, Actuarial or Finance would be helpful for this position. Additional Job Information:
This is an opportunity to join the Service Pricing team and to
support a variety of products and services offered to our self-funded plan
sponsors and members. The Service Pricing team reports into the Corporate
Finance organization. This centralized alignment allows us to work across
business segments, product lines and funding arrangements. The ideal candidate
for this position will be:
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills
- Eager to accept, deliver on and learn from new challenges
- Self-motivated Required Skills: General Business - Demonstrating Business and Industry Acumen, General Business - Turning Data into Information, Technology - Leveraging Technology Technology Experience: Database - Microsoft Access, Desktop Tool - TE Microsoft Excel Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: N/A EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.