Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Senior Web Engineer - 70326BRPrimary Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
This is a key role in Aetna's Behavior Change Marketing organization. Trigger behavioral changes that reduce healthcare spend while increasing quality of life -- this is more than just a marketing job! Come onboard and help us define and build the team
- Works closely with designers, development teams, marketing managers and business analysts to deliver robust scalable solutions to meet our digital marketing needs.
- Design and build a robust framework that supports component and template reuse across different brand sites.
- Maintain a high degree of technical competence with the latest web technologies: React, Angular, Node.js Express.js and deploying into cloud and containerized environments
- Establishes strong, effective, working relationships with the client base across the organization.
- Good understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, responsive design for mobile rendering, general web functions and standards.
- Strong communicator to independently manage working relationships with multiple teams in an “agile marketing” operating model
- Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to website deployment
- Build dynamic content into website, customized for campaigns as needed Conduct quality assurance (QA) testing, work with graphic/UX designers and project managers to achieve production-ready versions
- Navigate and troubleshoot issues as they arise, proactive in preventing recurring issues
- 5+ years professional experience developing customer facing websites, preference for healthcare experience
- Experience in delivering highly complex web solutions in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Experience working with business partners to create detailed functional and technical specifications
- Experience working in cross-functional and distributed teams using Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Clear communicator, able to accurately define deliverable timelines and stick to them
- Passionate about effecting positive change in healthcare
- An aptitude and interest in learning new technologies, advancing knowledge of coding
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to juggle and prioritize tasks, seeks supervisory assistance as appropriate
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna, a CVS Health Company’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.